Rubicon Owners Forum banner

What should I buy

• See if I can buy back my original TJ Rubicon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy a used TJ Rubicon from here

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Wait a little and buy a 2 door JL Rubicon with 35s from the factory

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Wait until Ford figures out how to product a Hard Top and get the Bronco Badlands with 35s

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,191 Posts
John, sorry to hear about your wife's injury. Dogs are resilient, mine always heal faster than I do...

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
Oops - sorry, my wife vs. dogs ambush happened three years ago. She did fine with her recovery - both the wrist and the knee replacement.

The joint replacement patient 'trainer/advocate' for the hospital uses my wife as an example of what can go wrong before surgery :whistle:.

Reactions: mac

·
Administrator
15,162 Posts
I probably should add short, bald and fatter to the description as well, with a nasty middle finger twitch towards picture takers.

It's been ages since I posted on here and I gotta say, it feels good to be back.

I sold my Rubicon years ago due to some medical issues, that made driving it near impossible, as well as supporting the required maintenance. 4 hip surgeries with some permanent nerve damage really knocked me down for a while. It's been years now, and I am riding my motorcycle again and keep thinking about getting another 4x4.
When the new Bronco was revealed, I have to admit I was/am intrigued. It seems like a solid beast which has a Rubicon equivalent called the Badlands. Problem is I just don't think IFS would work for me. I am a Rock Crawler. In fact, I am a pretty extreme Rock Crawler and I know, at some point I will want to stick a SFA under a Bronco. At that point, why bother with it, when I can get another Rubicon. But competition is good, and it looks like the Bronco has finally pushed jeep to add 35s as a stock option for the Rubicon in MY22.
This brings me to my dilemma, so I created a poll to get some ideas.

Anyway, don't feel any pity for me, while I don't have a jeep at the moment, I have been driving the following for a little over 4 years. I kind of figure if I can get in and out of this, I should be able to climb into a lifted Rubicon.
View attachment 75781

Alright folks, let me have it.
:ROFLMAO:
Holy Chittttttttt
Elff .... welcome back .
I won't ever forget the ride at the lake shore road and you thought a Cessna was low fly'n ...
NItto Mud Graplers was the culprit :LOL::LOL:

Mac

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Administrator
15,162 Posts
So what are you driving now?
2020 Gladiator stone white
Getting new windshield today- cracked last week going to my Sisters in Lske Elsinore, ca

I sold my 1930 Model A
Sold my 2018 Indian Chieftain

have my original skateboard form 1962

Attachments

·
Premium Member
TBD
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Very Nice.
Are you going to AiRock it?

I've heard they are going to start using Gorilla Glass in the JL and JT windshields because that's a common problem.
Not sure how valid that is.
That Model A is sweet.

I still have a skateboard from 1984. I think if I jumped on that now, it would be the death of me.
Powell Peralta Rat Bones.

·
Administrator
15,162 Posts
Very Nice.
Are you going to AiRock it?

I've heard they are going to start using Gorilla Glass in the JL and JT windshields because that's a common problem.
Not sure how valid that is.
That Model A is sweet.

I still have a skateboard from 1984. I think if I jumped on that now, it would be the death of me.
Powell Peralta Rat Bones.
View attachment 75823
Nope...no Airock for me ... long story i'm only doing lake or backroad easy trails
i'll send a PM

·
Premium Member
TBD
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Guess I will spill the beans.
[I can't keep a secret worth a ****!!]
I am buying Elwarpo's TJ Rubicon.
For those that know me, you know that Jeep just screams Elff.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,191 Posts
It is not a surprise since I air rocked it after seeing your build.

·
3,714 Posts
Guess I will spill the beans.
[I can't keep a secret worth a ****!!]
I am buying Elwarpo's TJ Rubicon.
For those that know me, you know that Jeep just screams Elff.
Glad to see it going to a good home

·
3,714 Posts
Can't wait to see pics

·
Premium Member
TBD
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I replaced the windshield yesterday. I have a super cheap local company that does good work.
This was a known item in advance. We will doing a full detail soon and then the upgrades and part swaps will be coming. I also need to build up a cache of backup parts and some trail spares.
I'll start a build thread.
I used to be rich, then I bought a
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
LOL
Thankfully my wife works for Quadratec so she gets their employee discount.

·
Administrator
15,162 Posts
Its official

Elff owns an AiRocked Rubi.

Gonna take a while to make this mine, but it's a great base which allows me to take my time.
Major thanks to @Elwarpo for driving it all the way up to PA.
It was a very fun visit can't wait to do it again.
Mike was one of my First AirRock customers ...i rode in that Rubi in Oklahoma ROF run |
You got a good Rubi
Have Fun with it ....looking forward to wheel'n pics

21 - 40 of 54 Posts