Rubicon Owners Forum banner

New members - check in here

175K views 2K replies 791 participants last post by  Elwarpo 
#1 ·
I see we have a lot of members that have not posted on this forum....

Come on guys let hear a little about yourselves..........

G
#27 ·
east coast hello

my name is david carpenter,31, located in augusta,ga., never been in the armed forces but would love to go blow some s**t up in the desert!!!unfortunately im a auto tech(i hate the term "mechanic") ive worked for chrysler for 13 years in dealerships and have to say that the 03 tj`s are the best by far, ive owned many jeeps and 4x4s over the years, frequent tellico many times a year,so when you west coast guys get ready to come over this way, bring me some in-n-out burgers and well go riding!!

#28 ·
Joe Bryant, 28 years young, born in Fort Knox, Kentucky and raised on the base until I was sixteen. I would be in the Marines today if I hadnt lost an eye when I was a teenager. I would still go today. I currently live in Milton, Wisconsin. I am a member of NIJA-Northern Illinois Jeep Alliance and soon MidwestJeepThing member. My 4wheeling started in 2000 with a 2000 Ford Ranger Ext Cab 4x4 after a couple of months I let the wife drive it and I traded her car for a 2000 TJ and lifted it 4 inches and installed 33's. Bought a Rubicon in November. In March I traded my 2000 TJ for a 2001 XJ for the wife, will be adding 4 inch lift and MTR's off of a Rubicon. My Rubicon has stock tires and 2in RE spacer kit. In spring of 2004 it will have RE 4.5 superlfex kit with a 1in body lift,and 35in MTR's

G
#29 ·
Not yet a Rubi owner. Soon though.
Cut my teeth off-roading in Nissans.
Done MOAB and the San Juans a few times.
After 15 years of having a 4x4, I've spent the last nine months in a car. :roll:
Glad to find this forum! Looks like good info and people.

<edited to add> Yep, Ned, from XOC. :)

#31 ·
How ya'll doin'
The name's Nick, I'm 22. There's alot a military here! Well, here's one more. 4 years, 2 tours to southwest asia, and a recent reenlistment, I serve proudly in the USAF. Originally from Cleveland now living in the Midwest, I've went through a '76 CJ-7 and a '01 TJ Now I'm a proud owner of :beercheers: '03 Rubi. For those who are goin', I'll meet up with ya'll in Moab in a couple days.

#32 ·
H2Eater said:
How ya'll doin'
The name's Nick, I'm 22. There's alot a military here! Well, here's one more. 4 years, 2 tours to southwest asia, and a recent reenlistment, I serve proudly in the USAF. Originally from Cleveland now living in the Midwest, I've went through a '76 CJ-7 and a '01 TJ Now I'm a proud owner of :beercheers: '03 Rubi. For those who are goin', I'll meet up with ya'll in Moab in a couple days.
Welcome to Rubi world....
congrats on your Rubi.
and Awsome to hear your serving our Country. if your ever in vegas let me know would like to meet ,lunch/brew will be paid for by me !
mac

G
#34 ·
Hi Guys,

My name is Doug Robling. I am from the Cincinnati area, and it sounds like I might be the oldest Rubi owner at 43. I have an 8 year old son who seems to love off-roading as much as I do, and we have joined a local club in order to have people to travel with.

I have a black Rubicon with the RE3.5 lift and 305-70's, Mopar bikini with Bestop duster and windstop, seat spacers, custom bumpers, and a 240W Alpine with 2 sets of Component speakers. I am adding adjustable upper control arms and a CV shaft this week in order to raise the xfer case back, and I am watching the threads on the tummy-tuck as a future possibility.

My last three vehicles were Porsches and Vettes. but I had two CJ-5's just out of College.

#35 ·
DougRobling said:
Hi Guys,

My name is Doug Robling. I am from the Cincinnati area, and it sounds like I might be the oldest Rubi owner at 43. I have an 8 year old son who seems to love off-roading as much as I do, and we have joined a local club in order to have people to travel with.

I have a black Rubicon with the RE3.5 lift and 305-70's, Mopar bikini with Bestop duster and windstop, seat spacers, custom bumpers, and a 240W Alpine with 2 sets of Component speakers. I am adding adjustable upper control arms and a CV shaft this week in order to raise the xfer case back, and I am watching the threads on the tummy-tuck as a future possibility.

My last three vehicles were Porsches and Vettes. but I had two CJ-5's just out of College.
welcome Doug....
pssssssssst
your not the oldest here....nor am i.... but some are older
:wink:

#37 ·
PBR Stitch said:
Some are old in Mind, Some are old in Body, but we are all young at heart. My spouse reminds me all the time to stop acting like a little kid.

"Never grow up, just own a Jeep!"

Ron
my lovely wife all the time says SHE has 3 kids.... 2 girls and a Hubby!

#38 ·
Howdy

HEy everyone, great to have found such a great place to meet and talk to new people about one of my favorate things...JEEPS! Anyhow, I live in Ft Bragg NC, home of the 82D Airborne. I have only been here for about a year and 6 months of that were spent in Afghanistan. This is my second jeep, my first being a 95 wrangler...boy i miss it..but i couldnt have got a Rubi if I didnt trade her in......My rubi is black and I am slowly building her up with extra cash my wife dosnt spend...haha..but I am so glad I finally found people to ride with here in my local neighborhood...

Pete M

#41 ·
im mike...everyone calls me mac. am in the 50`s club.
born in Los Angeles...spent time in my Yout in Rochester NY.
met my lovely wife 25yrs ago..we have 2 kids...have travled to most every state in the US.. including Alaska (my fav) Hawaii (wifes fav)
ed. background is water quality.
worked in pipeline constr. built homes.keep returning to water quality.
moved from the beach`s of so cal now live in Las Vegas!
this is my 3rd Jeep have had toyota`s...fords....chevys...
other passion is my Harley!

Wife`s fav saying is all the time says SHE has 3 kids....
2 girls and a Hubby!

sorry....just realized i never posted about myself.
now that im a "Rubi Wheeler" just noticed under my avitar..
fig i better get this done!
:roll:

#43 ·
PBR Stitch said:
About time you get with the program Mac. :D . Water quality, that is some cool stuff, I used to make drinking water out of Seawater.

Ron
i always stay on the clean side of water quality..
mac dont do shiat water....ewwwwwwwwwwww that stuff stinks.

in orange county ca. they tried making fresh water from sea water
found cost way too expensive. was at water factory 21 in fountain valley.

best part is i get to 4x4 to a lotta remote sites... and get paid doing it!

#44 ·
My name is Jean-Marc, they call me the horny devil :twisted: I am 27 years young born in New-Brunswic (Canada) and now I live in Edmonton Alberta(move cause women). I know I dont have my Rubicon yet :( but it should be her in 2(+-)week's :lol: . I orderd it Intense Blue whit a 5 speed trany, air, cruse, hard and soft top.I am stil debathing on what kind of lift to put, if any budy has a sugestion let me now, I wont 4" to fit 33' or biger :D . This will be my 3 Jeep, my fist one was a 87 YJ, it had 4" lift and 32" tire, 360AMC V8 that swap was prety easy the 6cyl belhousing bolted right on. My second one that I just sold was a 2002 TJ it had a 6 cyl, 5spd, 4" lift, fix yoke kit, cv drive shaft, front and rear procomp rock bumpers and custum seat covers by california tops, it was nice but it wasent a Rubicon.

#47 ·
Yes I am and , sory if my speling is not right :wink: . I have just receive some bad news, I cant get my Rubicon the colore I wonted :( apenrently the dealer got the call today about it, I dont know what to doe or what colore I should say I am going to get :cry:

#48 ·
Hornydevil said:
Yes I am and , sory if my speling is not right :wink: . I have just receive some bad news, I cant get my Rubicon the colore I wonted :( apenrently the dealer got the call today about it, I dont know what to doe or what colore I should say I am going to get :cry:
I am not bashing you for being french it is trying to read it.. I have friend that write in french and I always get confused....

Welcome to the list....

As for a Rubi.. Go to the lot that was going to order you JP find on that you want and make a sweet deal with them. That is what I did.. I don't have patience to wait for a new vehicle...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.