Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1624 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
New member.
2005 TJ Rubicon and this is the only place I have ever seen mention of LTJ.
I am at work and just wondering if I have a Long model TJ.
Any quick tips?
What is the wheel base of an L model.
I will search around for my answers I just though tI would make the newb post.

·
Registered
2019 JLR
5 Posts
Hi,
New to Jeeps and new to ROF. We bought a motor home in 2018 and then bought a Mini Cooper for our towed vehicle. We discovered that we could not take the Mini many places we wanted to go off the highway. So, this year we sold the mini and looked for the right Jeep to tow. Decided the Wrangler would be a lot of fun. We usually buy vehicles used but found financially we could buy new one for the same price as a used one (+ or -, and we got lucky finding one for $9400 off MSRP). Anyway, searched the US for a great deal and ended up getting a new 2019 on January 14 in California (we live in the Phoenix area). We are looking forward to not being limited to paved highways as we explore North America. The nice thing about the Rubicon - we can go places we didn't know we could go and get out of places we probably shouldn't have gone. ;)
Cheers,
Bob

·
1,442 Posts
I was joking about the ham radio, but you would probably actually benefit in your travel With the RV or jeep. For more info on the radio subject (CB or ham) you could go here....

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
Howdy Bob and welcome to the Rubicon family! Most organized trail groups use CB but ham radio is quite valuable since you can cover a long distance via repeaters. I suggest you join the FMCA 4Wheelers - I just 'retired' from them as webmaster for the last three years, was a member for many years. There might be a short wait list to join but it's worth any wait. They hold several events every year mostly in the southwest. You can do easy trails to the difficult and it's a great way to learn about Jeeps and off-roading.

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
I was the chair of the committee that did all of the back-end stuff (technology related) for five years and I was ready to give it up. We had several talented people on the committee so the club was in good hands. I gave a year notice so that all worked out well.

·
3,389 Posts
I’m an old member that’s been gone for about 10 years. Sold my ‘06 when the family started coming along and was able to get into an ‘05 very recently. Feels great to be back and that first jeep wave just a big smile on my face.
Welcome back!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Ken Murray. I’m 62 yrs old and live in Tennessee. I grew up in Illinois and opened a 4 wheel drive shop when I was 22. I read everything I could on 4 wheel drives and put the Rubicon Trail on my bucket list. I am about to retire from my job of working Bridgestone/Firestone for 32 years. I am about to buy a Rubicon and prep it for a trip for next year!

·
Registered
539 Posts
My name is Ken Murray. I’m 62 yrs old and live in Tennessee. I grew up in Illinois and opened a 4 wheel drive shop when I was 22. I read everything I could on 4 wheel drives and put the Rubicon Trail on my bucket list. I am about to retire from my job of working Bridgestone/Firestone for 32 years. I am about to buy a Rubicon and prep it for a trip for next year!
That is too cool, good luck on your adventures!! :)

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,969 Posts
Welcome to the addiction known as a Jeep :)

1601 - 1620 of 1624 Posts