Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1624 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here from Central Arizona. Have a 2006 TJ Rubicon as my back country ride. Been great for the 5 or so years I've owned it (second owner). I did have the OPDM replaced at the local dealership when it started making noise and not an issue since. Fixing to add LED headlights as the elk are all over the highways up here in the early evening till early mornings. I expect to be able to see those rascals better with LEDs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New 2017 JKUR in Gobi August 14th.

5,000 miles already and time for my first oil change and 5 tire rotation.

Most of my off roading has been in the sand at the beach, but intetested in some trails and being able to continue down gravel roads where I would turn around in other vehicles.
I remembered posting this date of ownership and thinking, that's not right. I actually made the purchase July 14th.

Looking at sliders with a step as well as a front bumper and winch now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I'm new to the Rubicon, but not new to 4x4s. I've owned some type of 4x4 since 1983. All Mopar of some kind!
I just sold a '99 TJ last week and now we're in the '13 Rubi. Looking forward to sitting in the seat and engaging the switches for the toys on it getting us to the other end of the trail. A long cry from getting out and turning the locking hubs, then engaging the shifter to turn up some earth.
An old man who retired from 27 years of the Air Force and still working... now for the Forest Service. I get to learn about all the cool places to visit in Arizona at work!
Keep the shiny side up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not really new but a returning member, cant find my old login info. The forum has changed, looks good. Im not even sure im doing thisnoart right.

I have an '04 Rubicon, its has a RE 4.5" short arm lift, superflex i think its called. 33's, diff protectors from the 4xDr, and a steering box protection from i forget where i got it.

Im back because i just pulled the Rubi out of mpth balls and im getting her back on the road. Had the transmission repaired and fixed a few other needed items.

Im looking to do an upgrade from my 33's to 35's and i need to know what i need to do the upgrade, gears, axles, etc...

If anyone can point me to some good threads it would be great. Also any good offroad shops in the el monte, upland, claremont, montclair, ontario areas i would appreciate it.

In the meantime i will search thru the posts to see if i can find some info.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, I just bought a new to me rubicon. It's a 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock edition. I'm looking to do some upgrades when the money permits and in the mean time I thought it would be best to do a little research.
Anybody know how much backspace the factory rubi rims have? and how much backspace is needed to run 35x12.50?
Thanks.

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
I've never had any luck with drag and drop either. Try a different browser or just use "Go Advanced" and arrow down to the "Manage Attachments" when you reply or start a new post.

·
Registered
15 Posts
TimberGhost here. Colorado Springs. Picked up a cherry '04 from a first owner who only towed it behind a motor home. Only had 46K miles on it when I bought it. Took it to my man in Grand Junction (guy builds rock crawlers for a living)for an inspection and he inspected it all and said the thing was pristine! (Every now and then a blind acorn DOES find a squirrel!!) Upgrades so far: New rubber, recovery bumpers, Zeon winch, CB. OBA coming later this Spring with dual batts.) Getting her ready for some outback mountaineering. (Did I mention I like elk hunting, too?) Cheers everybody.

·
Registered
15 Posts
OBTW, I do have an ulterior motive for doubling this post...trying to get to where I can see some of the what I assume to be outstanding pix out there in some of the forums!!

1581 - 1600 of 1624 Posts