Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1624 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally checking in

Been lurking for quite awhile now decided to formally check in. My name is Rick and I'm an Union electrician in Stockton, CA. Getting ready to move to Castle Rock, Colorado and looking forward to finding some new trails to explore. Been trying to set the jeep up to do the Rubicon trail before I move so I've been doing hours of research on this site lately.

·
3,389 Posts
Been lurking for quite awhile now decided to formally check in. My name is Rick and I'm an Union electrician in Stockton, CA. Getting ready to move to Castle Rock, Colorado and looking forward to finding some new trails to explore. Been trying to set the jeep up to do the Rubicon trail before I move so I've been doing hours of research on this site lately.
Welcome to the site Rick. Its a good family-oriented site here.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Welcome Rick!

I'm from Stockton, CA as well. Moved to TX 11 years ago. I lived off Hammer Lane and Alexandria Place by Park Woods community pool. Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Small world Rick and Paramount,

I'm from Stockton too, near Pershing and Hammer just down the street. Grew up there from 1957 to 1983 then moved to Reno.

I have done the Rubicon trail on a motorcycle. Since my Jeep is a stock Rubicon that gnarly trail is off limits.

Good luck to ya if you are going to do it. The people on the trail are fun loving and friendly but the trail is one tuff hombre.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! I bought this new 2016 Rubicon about a month ago. I ordered it just the way I wanted. First mod was removing the Rubicon sticker and naming her "Creek Bird". Funny how some folks think, including some Jeep Salesman that it is a special edition from the factory. This is my 4th Jeep, my first being my first new vehicle I bought, a 1980 CJ5. I've had 2 CJ5's and this is my secound JK, the first being a 2012 Sport.

I mostly like riding forest trails around the Carolinas and the occasional trip to Moab. I plan on running Black Bear pass and other high Colorado passes later this year.

I retired from the US Coast Guard and now work as a River Towboat Captain.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Welcome Creek Bird. I too used to have a '80 CJ5 that I bought in '85. Kept it until '08 when I bought my '03 Rubicon. The Rubicon is everything I wanted the CJ to be but couldn't see putting that much money into it.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Crap, didn't see this thread til now. I did a hello thread somewhere else, but I'll post here also. Captron from Sunnyvale, CA. Lived in this area for 45 yrs and Knoxville, TN for 6. Can't wait to get outta CA again. 2006 Rubi Unlimted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,
My name is Tom Lathouwers, I live in San Clemente CA. Decided to move from full size 4x4 trucks, to the Jeep world. So far it had been a lot of fun. I purchased a bone stock 06 Rubi unlimited. 85k. So far I have put new bumpers, front and rear, a winch, and an ARB compressor. I do a lot of Hunting, so getting in and out was always a issue. With my current set up, virtually stock, I can go places without worry. Tomorrow, she goes in for some major work. 4" currie lift, 33" mudders, and new gearing.
Oh ya, I forgot to talk about myself a bit. I'm an IBEW Local 11 wire man for 23 yrs, I'm 51 years old, I enjoy the outdoors, hunting and fishing. Now I'm looking forward to getting involved with a 4 wheel club to teach me how to really get it done in my Jeep.
Pics to follow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New 2017 JKUR in Gobi August 14th.

5,000 miles already and time for my first oil change and 5 tire rotation.

Most of my off roading has been in the sand at the beach, but intetested in some trails and being able to continue down gravel roads where I would turn around in other vehicles.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey ya'll,
New guy from Pacific Northwest. Purchased '17 JK Recon 2-door.
Anyone running a catch can? I'm coming over from SRT land where catch cans are pretty much required. Any help/suggestions? Thanks & Happy Thanksgiving!
Hemi_meat

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
517 Posts
Where in the PNW? And what do you have planned for the Jeep? Boost?

1561 - 1580 of 1624 Posts