Rubicon Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1624 Posts

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
im mike...everyone calls me mac. am in the 50`s club.
born in Los Angeles...spent time in my Yout in Rochester NY.
met my lovely wife 25yrs ago..we have 2 kids...have travled to most every state in the US.. including Alaska (my fav) Hawaii (wifes fav)
ed. background is water quality.
worked in pipeline constr. built homes.keep returning to water quality.
moved from the beach`s of so cal now live in Las Vegas!
this is my 3rd Jeep have had toyota`s...fords....chevys...
other passion is my Harley!

Wife`s fav saying is all the time says SHE has 3 kids....
2 girls and a Hubby!
:wink:

sorry....just realized i never posted about myself.
now that im a "Rubi Wheeler" just noticed under my avitar..
fig i better get this done!
:roll:

G

·
0 Posts
About time you get with the program Mac. :D . Water quality, that is some cool stuff, I used to make drinking water out of Seawater.

Ron

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
PBR Stitch said:
About time you get with the program Mac. :D . Water quality, that is some cool stuff, I used to make drinking water out of Seawater.

Ron
i always stay on the clean side of water quality..
mac dont do shiat water....ewwwwwwwwwwww that stuff stinks.

in orange county ca. they tried making fresh water from sea water
found cost way too expensive. was at water factory 21 in fountain valley.

best part is i get to 4x4 to a lotta remote sites... and get paid doing it!
:wink:

·
Registered
18 Posts
My name is Jean-Marc, they call me the horny devil :twisted: I am 27 years young born in New-Brunswic (Canada) and now I live in Edmonton Alberta(move cause women). I know I dont have my Rubicon yet :( but it should be her in 2(+-)week's :lol: . I orderd it Intense Blue whit a 5 speed trany, air, cruse, hard and soft top.I am stil debathing on what kind of lift to put, if any budy has a sugestion let me now, I wont 4" to fit 33' or biger :D . This will be my 3 Jeep, my fist one was a 87 YJ, it had 4" lift and 32" tire, 360AMC V8 that swap was prety easy the 6cyl belhousing bolted right on. My second one that I just sold was a 2002 TJ it had a 6 cyl, 5spd, 4" lift, fix yoke kit, cv drive shaft, front and rear procomp rock bumpers and custum seat covers by california tops, it was nice but it wasent a Rubicon.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey Jean Marc

Est ce vu francias?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Vulcan said:
Hey Jean Marc

Est ce vu francias?
Ekkkkkkkkkk.... FRENCH....Now that I live in Ottawa I really wish I would have stuck with that class......

Welcom JM

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes I am and , sory if my speling is not right :wink: . I have just receive some bad news, I cant get my Rubicon the colore I wonted :( apenrently the dealer got the call today about it, I dont know what to doe or what colore I should say I am going to get :cry:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hornydevil said:
Yes I am and , sory if my speling is not right :wink: . I have just receive some bad news, I cant get my Rubicon the colore I wonted :( apenrently the dealer got the call today about it, I dont know what to doe or what colore I should say I am going to get :cry:
I am not bashing you for being french it is trying to read it.. I have friend that write in french and I always get confused....

Welcome to the list....

As for a Rubi.. Go to the lot that was going to order you JP find on that you want and make a sweet deal with them. That is what I did.. I don't have patience to wait for a new vehicle...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey I juste come frome the dealer and he found one Intense blue in Saskatchewan, somewhere anyway, they said they where going to try to get it :)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Sweet... :)

G

·
0 Posts
Good luck on your color and welcome to the club.

Ron "Have Locker, have shovel, will get stuck!"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys I guess I wont get my Intense Blue Rubi :( , the one that they found is a demo and it as 4500 km on it :cry: , so I gues I wil setle fore a Light Khaki Metalic :p, wich is not bad cause I tought about geting one that colore at first. So I guest I stil have to wait 3 week's :twisted:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hey 3 weeks is better than 6 months.....Congrats.. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
hi, my name is bill wright. im pushing 40, married, and am a rubi-holic. :eek:
just had to get that off my chest. i dont think im having a mid-life crisis,
by buying one of these new toys, because i dont think i quite grew up
completely to begin with. i now live in las vegas, but spent most all my
life in the san francisco bay area (go 9ers).

i program computers for a transportation company. my loves in no
particular order are: jeeps, racing, mtn biking, golf, gaming (any 1st
person shooter where i can frag something :gas: ), and my wife.

my rubi has 300 miles on it, and is the first vehicle i have ever bought
new. i can't believe chrysler manufactured the rubi, and offer a 7/70
warranty. dealers in vegas stick a 5k markup on them, so i drove to
utah, and struck a deal on one on an even playing field. the rubi has all
the options on it, with the exception of the block heater. i paid cash for
it (my wife ponied up half!). my only concession is that it had to be an
automatic. 46:1 is fine with me for now.

i own a 77 cj-7, which has been a 2 year project and almost finished. i
have always had a jeep. a 78 cj-5, a 74 cj-5, my 77, and now the rubi
will pick up where they left off. i have a soft spot for 77-80 model years
and its going to be tough letting it go eventually. i would post pics, but
this site doesnt see to be able to use what i upload. looks like i will have
to link to another URL or something to get pics up here. hmm.

Bilbo
LasvEgas

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Bill.....
welcome to the Rubi world.

deff have to get together. ther is a trail off red rock cyn... goes over the top of mount c. into lovel cyn... then over to parumph. :wink:

ps...
try this site for linking pics...
http://www.imagestation.com

mac

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Welcome Bill............... :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Okies.. Sorry this took so long but ya know how it is when ya get a new jp and ya have to test it out... I'm Mo and my wife is April. We're fairly <cough> new to the jp community. We both live in Oregon and work our butts of for a living. We do have a lil one named Rdell 2yo. We bought our 2nd jp wrangler about 3 weeks ago and immediately took it to the hills. Loved it every bit of it but, we get a call from the dealership we're sorry the financing isn't going to work :roll: So I say okies we'll bring it back. But little did they know at the time it had been in the mud and rocks. dang it took hours to get it fairly clean not to mention the cig cherry burn left in the seat :roll: . After this we went to another dealer and got our rubi and i have to say the other dealership just didn't work hard. Anyways we went straight from the dealer to the hills and went everyplace and then some that the reg wrangler couldn't. Does this mean we truely devirginized it? :twisted: It's still stock to the boneuntil we get into dad's shop and borrow some steel for the new cage and bumpers :wink: I'll tell you this i've personally had a few 4x4's and i'm pretty darned happy with this rubi plus all the info i've gathered from here and all of you. We're here for the duration as we're headed out tomorrow to get the wifes new tj so she can bail me out when i get in too deep. OK i'm rambling now i'll stop and finish this lil boring story with a HIYA TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Welcome Mo. I am happy for you and very pleased that you have found this place helfpful and informative. It is serving its purpose!

Justin

G

·
0 Posts
Well, my Rubicon is finally here! :D I had a 2001 Sport that I totalled last November in a roll over accident. I was only bruised and went to work that day. I have been shopping for a Rubicon ever since, but never found one that was outfitted just right. Made offers on two that the dealers refused. Finally ordered one eight weeks ago!

I picked it up at the dealer, today. Not much daylight left, but we took it to a nearby sand hill and climbed until it wouldn't go anymore. The I flipped the Switch and it started to move. I pressed it again for front lock, and we pulled right on up. The lockers really work. Two of my sons tried it, too.

I'm Dan, and old enough to be your father (well, most of you). Peggy and I have been married for 33 years and still celebrate. We have three sons: Kyle (29 and married), Noah (19) and Birk (17).

Birk is my garage buddy and a jeepaholic. We've rebuilt engines replaced clutches, etc. (The secret is having air tools. They take the busting out of knuckles.) Birk can't wait to get a wrench on the Rubi. He won't have to wait long because I have a pair of Durango 4x4 bumpers in the living room, ready to go.

We (Birk, Noah and I) will be attending the Hole in the Rock Jeep Jamboree at Blanding, UT, this weekend. Whew! I had one more day to get this Jeep here before we would have been forced to give up on this trip. Peggy and I are headed to Canyon de Chelly Jeep Jamboree next weekend. Notice how I get to go on both trips? Just a coincidence! :wink:

I want to thank all of you for your contributions to the web site. There is plenty of useful information and wisdom in your writings. And a very special thank you to Justin, the administrator. This site is excellent in form and function!

41 - 60 of 1624 Posts