Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1624 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see we have a lot of members that have not posted on this forum....

Come on guys let hear a little about yourselves..........

G

·
0 Posts
Re: New Members..........

I'll play:

Jason Wohlfehrt is the name. Born and raised most of my life in West Central Florida (Tampa/Clearwater). 27 years old, not that it matters because once you hit 21 I think you are suppose to quit counting.

Been serving in the United States Navy for the past 9 years in the Intelligence Community. Currently I am an E-6 going for E-7 or LDO (Limited Duty Officer). Currently I am stationed overseas in Manama, Bahrain (Middle Eastern Island East of Saudi Arabia) and I am about to kick some @$$ here in a few weeks. Prior tours of duty were at Office of Naval Intelligence in Washington, DC as well as Fighter Squadron 31 out of Miramar and Va Beach (Numerous schools in between). In July, I finish up my tour of duty here in Bahrain and head out to Sunny Hawaii for 3 long years.

History of vehicles have been 98 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 ($10,000 in mods, sold last year) as well as a 94 YJ ($3,000 in mods). Current rig is an 88 4Runner (Solid Axle Swap D44/D60) with $20,000 in mods and also FOR SALE for $9,000.00. Once I arrive to Hawaii I will have a 2003 Intense Blue Rubicon waiting for me that I ordered already.

Edit: Finally in Hawaii............life's not bad. Could use a hookup on shipping 4x4 parts though???

Well that is me, who's next?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I guess I’ll go next:

My name is Matt Hopper, but everyone calls me “Hop”. Still can figure that one out! 8) I am an Air Force Brat and was raised in several different places, but call Southern Indiana home… my Dad’s from there. Next month I will turn 29, but Jason’s right with one amendment… over 25 and it don’t matter. You Gotta love that insurance break.

I have been in the Air Force for over 10 years and have been pretty much around the world. My job is Communications Maintenance and I am an E-5. The E-6 exam for me comes around in mid-May. I’ll keep my fingers crossed (toes too)!

Right now I am stationed on an Army post in South Korea, but will be headed to Hawaii in September for three wonderful years.

The Rubicon (inca gold) will be my first Jeep ever. I have always wanted a Wrangler and figured there was no place to start quite like the top. My last vehicle was an ’89 Toyota Xtra cab. It didn’t have any serious mods to it, but I could pretty much take it anywhere I wanted to go.

As far as mods to the Rubi go… I will play it by ear. This will be new for me and I can’t wait to start the experience.

I enjoy reading and absorbing all the intel here and over on JU. Haven’t posted much because I am too busy trying to soak it all in. Wish me luck

:n00b:

G

·
0 Posts
Well I guess I will follow on with this.

My Name is.... (find name tag) oh.. Ron Seegert. I don't have the catchy name like Hop, but I mostly answer to "Hey Chief!" now a days. I grew up in Milwaukee, WI, but now I call my home down here in Sunny Pensacola, FL. I'm "cough, cough" 35 as of last year, and really don't care anymore, since I have someone to remind me that I act like a 3 year old. See get married and you grow younger.

I've spent 17 years in the Navy and am on my last duty station (maybe). I have lived in Yokosuka, Japan/ Longbeach, CA/ Everett, WA/ Great Lakes, IL/ Pearl Harbor, HI/ and now Pensacola, FL. I Have seen more countries than I can count and a few that no longer exist. Specialty in Steam, Diesel, Gas Turbine Propulsion, AC&R, Hydraulics, Liquid O2 generation, Pneumatic systems, etc.... Now I work Equal Opportunity, what a change in job descriptions. Currently waiting on results from the E8 Board. Good luck to you HOP and Military Jeeper on your exams.

Let's see what rigs have I owned.. (2) Toyota's, (1) Dodge Dakota, (1) Grand Cherokee (wifes), (2) CJ's including an '86 Laredo, (1) YJ, (2) TJ's and now my Latest Patriot Blue Rubicon. So 10 4x4's total.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
Why is it only the military folks are responding to this? I guess nobody has anything exciting to talk about in their life but us Travelers. :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
Can't answer that question, but here is some more Irony. LILRDJP started this thread and didn't post anything. ????????

Ron..

G

·
0 Posts
PBR Stitch said:
Can't answer that question, but here is some more Irony. LILRDJP started this thread and didn't post anything. ????????

Ron..
I think it's a conspiracy...........they are all spies :)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK..Fine here we go.............

My name is Sean Richardson and I am from Ottawa Ontario, Canada. For those of you who are not familiar with Canadian geography that is the Capital of Canada..Not Toronto.. :)

I grew up in Alberta and I moved to this politically corupt city 6yrs ago. I am head of security for one of Canada's busiest hospitals and soon to be going to the city police force. I have specialized in health care security, Biological and chemical and Nuclear weapons response. Being the capitol of this country someone thinks that terrorist may actuall know who we are and attack us. I am part of the National Capitol Emergency plans committee.

Growing up in the mountains I am also trained in search and rescue and have been climbing mountains for 15yrs.

This is my 3rd JP, First was a Grand Cherokee and then I realized that it was not a trail truck :? and I then got a 2k TJ (we have to call them TJ's here in Canada because GM has a Wrangler pick up in the country) Now I am the proud owner of my Sienna Rubi.

G

·
0 Posts
Hop said:
can't be spies... I haven't seen any names like Ahkmed or Ali Abdul or Mr Kim! :p
Ahh but you forgot that it could also be MORK, or ZOLAR... Spies don't have to be terrestrial... :)

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
[quote="Ahh but you forgot that it could also be MORK, or ZOLAR... Spies don't have to be terrestrial... :) [/quote]

Naaa Nooo Naaaaa Noooo

G

·
0 Posts
The name is Hank and currently living in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado. Lived here for a couple of years now, came out from California. Spent nine great years in the USAF (1981-1989) in the 207 career field. Currently working as a DoD contractor. 4X history include: 1970 Jeep CJ-5 :) , 1973 Toyota Landcruiser :) , 1982 Toyota PU :? , 1995 Toyota Tacoma :( , 1998 Dodge 1500 :? , 2002 Dodge 2500 :) , and 2003 Jeep Rubicon :D . Love bowhunting, fishing, and wheeling...

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Hank, we should try to hook up sometime for some wheelin. I actually think I may have seen you last week driving toward the Springs from the Woodland Park area.

Hello everyone...my name is Craig and I'm a Jeepaholic. This is actually only my second Jeep (first was a '69 CJ) but I've been wheeling with my Dad since he bought a '71 Scout new. I'm 32 years old, married, and have an eight year old step-son who couldn't be more into Jeepin. I'm relatively new to Colorado and am anxious to explore as much of it and neighboring states as I can. I'm planning on attending the Rubicon function in Moab on April 17, so to any of you who are going, see you there!!

G

·
0 Posts
Craig,

Not sure that was me coming back from Woodland Park but would like to hook up with ya. When the weather gets a little better, I want to get out and about. What part of the Springs do you live in, your mods are in line with what I'm thinking, just want to see how they're working for you...

Hank

G

·
0 Posts
I live up here in Woodland Park and work in the Springs. I just got pm'd today on another board by a Rubi owner named Chris in Manitou Springs. Maybe this spring we can meet for a trail ride. Anytime you'd like to check out the few things I've done, let me know, I'd be more than happy to let you take a look/drive to help you make decisions. Hope to see you around!!

Craig Simpson

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Ok I'll go too. I just got back from sea going again on the 1st... hopefully we will get to shoot.

Anyway... My name is Justin Crocker I was born in Latrobe, PA and am about to turn 28 years old. I went to college and earned a BS in physics and then joined the navy nuclear program... where I currently operate a nuclear reactor on board my submarine... the USS Miami SSN-755 (in the picture). We were known as the big guns of the sub fleet due to the kosovo campaign when we launched 3 salvos of tomohawks which is about 36. We missed only once. We are hoping to go shoot iraq but there are currently 45 vertically launched tomohawks left in the inventory and the way things are going right now... the war may be over before we get there. So we probably won''t be the big guns anymore. :(

anyway... I like almost everything outdoors... camping, hunting, sky diving, skiing, and rock climbing. I really love jeeps and offroading. I grew up in a 75 cj5 and as soon as I could reach the pedals my dad taught me everything I know today. I bought my first jeep in 2000 which was of course a TJ. Then the rubicon came along... thats all I need to say about that. :)

Well if you want to know anything else just ask!

Justin

G

·
0 Posts
Another FNG..... (F'in new guy.......)

I am Tom, my wife Kerri is a major Jeep chick.

I have to say, I am a Nissan guy, and now a reformed Jeep guy. My mom has a Grand Cherokke I like a lot, but my wife had a 2000 Wrangler, bone stock, almost no options, that I hated. I mean REALLY hated. In the 3 years she had it I rode in it maybe 20 times tops. Being 6'4 and big, I found it to be uncomfortable, loud and all in all not a lot of fun. I didn't see what it was all about.

Last weekend we decided we were going to finally get rid of her piece o' junk. We had it narrowed down to a 3.5L Altima, or a Jeep Liberty. When we were at the dealer they had a tan Rubicon sitting in the showroom. I was looking at it thinking it actually looked awesome....for a Jeep. I got in and found it seemed to have a little more room than her other Jeep. I told my wife if she wanted that she could get it. But, she wanted a manual transmission. The dealer said he had one out back. He brought out a fully loaded Black Rubicon. We both loved it the minute we saw it. Now she is driving that every day. Its really nice, for a Jeep!!! Its pretty comfortable, fun to drive, and gets a lot of looks. I look forward to learning the tips and tricks with the Rubicon on the board here.

Check out my Jeep here: http://www.pszenny.com/rubicon.htm
Check out my Nissan Frontier here: http://www.pszenny.com/frontier.htm

Tom

·
Registered
36 Posts
My name is Mike..MoabMike...I 've had 4 jeeps..some old some new..still have 2 of them..A 2000TJ..and a Black RUBI...
I have a vacation house out in MOAB..the motels were getting expensive..Actually i've been jeepin there for 10 years and my wife loves the desert,,,(thank you honey)... :lol:
I was an Aerospace engineer working idependently until after 9-11...
Security practices hacve tightened so much i retired rather than go to work for Lockheed or boeing or someone...I'm 51 but don't like to act it..i have an FXDL Harley that I ride when I break the Jeep!! :( .... i had lunch with Griz.. SimpleSOB... and DaJudge a couple of weeks ago..not enough time to get to know everyone so I'm hopin to get some trail rides in with folks from Colorodo where I live full time..Littleton....And I hope to meet some of you in MOAB..let me know when you are visiting that area...Mike

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
MoabMike said:
My name is Mike..MoabMike...I 've had 4 jeeps..some old some new..still have 2 of them..A 2000TJ..and a Black RUBI...
I have a vacation house out in MOAB..the motels were getting expensive..Actually i've been jeepin there for 10 years and my wife loves the desert,,,(thank you honey)... :lol:
I was an Aerospace engineer working idependently until after 9-11...
Security practices hacve tightened so much i retired rather than go to work for Lockheed or boeing or someone...I'm 51 but don't like to act it..i have an FXDL Harley that I ride when I break the Jeep!! :( .... i had lunch with Griz.. SimpleSOB... and DaJudge a couple of weeks ago..not enough time to get to know everyone so I'm hopin to get some trail rides in with folks from Colorodo where I live full time..Littleton....And I hope to meet some of you in MOAB..let me know when you are visiting that area...Mike

So when are you hosting a rubicon moab weekend at your house? :D

Justin

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was waiting for that Justin :p My place is tooo small..but good for
bar-b-ques ! I do have small get togethers but not much room to spend the night...but plenty of room on the deck to eat and drink..I wish it was bigger!! :lol: I'm down by Kane Creek! South end!! mike

1 - 20 of 1624 Posts