Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
great forum-looking forward to joining the ranks. purchased 03 rubicon tomb raider this week with hard top. looking for soft top- no dealers have in stock-they want $1100.00 pluslabor. aftermarket suggestions for softtop or is it a risk?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Most delers I've seen are 1,100. too, they're not willing to budge below and I see why cuz when I checked their cost i's like 500.00. When I was looking into buying my rubi all teh ones on the lot that had the dual tops option they were from bestop (sp). So I would say bestop or find one that someone is wanting to sell with all the hardware. my .2

Mo

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase of a Rubicon. If you are patient, you can occasionally find people selling new soft-tops on either e-bay or Jeep forums such as this one or Jeeps Unlimited.

You could consider getting a bikini top from Bestop while looking. They are fun and relatively inexpensive. If you do buy an aftermarket softop, I recommend Bestop for that as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Following up on my own post, I suppose you should know, I haven’t personally actually tried to get by with just a bikini and a hard top! (I do have dual tops.) The biggest issue with running around with just the bikini top is, of course, rain. I have partially solved that by also getting a relatively inexpensive “rain coat” for my Jeep. See
http://www.jeepcovers.com

Anyway, like I said, I can't say how practial this would really be, just a thought. . .

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have found that my bikini is quite water resistant in all but the heaviest rains. The old 2002 version was nowhere near as good. That is the route I would go with I think if I was in your position though. I would spend a little cash on a hardtop quick removal system. I think someone on here was showing off their slick setup on another thread.

California Tops has an alright product. The 12-top system is a great idea but their quality can be kinda hit and miss. http://www.californiatops.com The nice thing about it is that they don't require the factory soft top stuff.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You can have my OE soft top for $850.00 USD plus shipping. I bought the dual top option but can't stand the soft tops back window. I'm gonna get a three piece sun top/windscreen/tonneau cover when I sell my soft top. Oh ya my soft top comes with the mopar window bag.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

DrBill ,

Are you going to keep your hardtop ?

I have a Black Rubi Soft Top with Tinted Windows and I want a
Hard Top .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts