Rubicon Owners Forum banner
121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Didn’t get the rear bumper fitted today but did get the winch fully installed. All the holes on the front bumper line up well and I am very happy with the look.

Reactions: Mouse

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·

Together again.

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
One old Duratrac vs. the new Yokohama Geolander

Few posers in Downtown Reno with the new shoes....

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
@bbusch Well done, Blaine midarm and outboard. That must ride like a dream.
Steering has not been addressed so no cloud surfing yet. Jury is still out on the Currie coil springs, they seem a bit soft for my liking. As far as the suspension goes I am very happy with the setup and once some other issues are addressed I am positive this rig will be a pleasure to drive. I do have vibes so I may have to go to lockout hubs and the new gearing may have to be addressed because the backlash is definitely off. Headed to IL to pick up my new Ford SuperDuty.. had to let the POS Denali HD go, worst vehicle purchase of my life so no more GM vehicles for me during this life run.

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
Gorgeous looking truck - I love the paint scheme. Gas or diesel? When I was truck shopping a couple of years ago I wanted a diesel F350 but the fuel filter situation was troubling - two filters that need to be changed every six months. The one I test drove was 5x quieter than my clackety IH Powerstroke.

I bought my F250 diesel new in 2000 and it now had about 90k miles on the clock. The only feature I wish it had was was folding side mirrors. It's been a great truck - I'll run it till the wheels fall off.

·
3,714 Posts
Great looking truck!

I bought my F250 diesel new in 2000 and it now had about 90k miles on the clock. The only feature I wish it had was was folding side mirrors. It's been a great truck - I'll run it till the wheels fall off.
John - you can buy folding mirrors for your truck. Be happy to send a link your way if you're interested. The old 7.3L are very sought after now since they were the last to be built without any real emission equipment.

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
John - you can buy folding mirrors for your truck. Be happy to send a link your way if you're interested. The old 7.3L are very sought after now since they were the last to be built without any real emission equipment.
The side mirrors fold, but manually 😢 . If there's a retrofit for powered mirrors, I'm all in!

Usually when I take my truck to the Ford dealer, someone there wants to buy it - nope, not interested. The 7.3 is almost bulletproof. Someone told me the reason they last so long is the injection pump is somehow linked or driven by the oil pump inferring no oil and the engine shuts down.

·
3,714 Posts
The side mirrors fold, but manually 😢 . If there's a retrofit for powered mirrors, I'm all in!

Usually when I take my truck to the Ford dealer, someone there wants to buy it - nope, not interested. The 7.3 is almost bulletproof. Someone told me the reason they last so long is the injection pump is somehow linked or driven by the oil pump inferring no oil and the engine shuts down.
I'll send you a link to mirrors you can install that are powered folding. Will require a little wiring, but are great upgrades.

Yes, the High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) provides the injectors with high pressure oil. If the level gets too low the engine won't run (there is a minimum pressure before the injectors will fire)

Reactions: Desert Dog

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Few more photos of the tow rig...

Very happy with the truck. Wish it wasn’t on 37’s but I can change that later.

Gorgeous looking truck - I love the paint scheme. Gas or diesel? When I was truck shopping a couple of years ago I wanted a diesel F350 but the fuel filter situation was troubling - two filters that need to be changed every six months.
Thanks John.. It’s a 6.7 which is the diesel. If you stick to Ford’s scheduled maintenance the fuel rails are fine. These 6.7 are great setups but all the brands are still having issues with emissions equipment.

Great looking truck!
nice looking new tow pig, congrats.

Thanks, it’s not black but when I saw it I knew it was the one.

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
So I had some tabs welded on for the lights but I’m not exactly happy with the job. Also they overcharged IMO. You be the judge...

It’s quality work but overkill and the problem is the light grill hits the bumper so they can’t adjust down.sadly disappointed and surprised it took 4 hours to get the job done. 🤔

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
If they had to fab the brackets from scratch, 4 hours sounds okay. If they were just welding on fabricated brackets, 4 hours must have included a 3 hour break. I love the $5.75 fee for "Quality Inspection" - seriously? :ROFLMAO:

I ordered folding side mirrors for my truck, installation should be interesting. I couldn't find directions online but maybe I didn't look hard enough.

·
3,714 Posts
Is that steel or aluminum? 4 hours is a little long, but they probably charge in whole hours, and I agree with John if it was done from scratch. Don't forget inflation....inspection is a laugher. Maybe next time you can tell them that you will inspect it!

John, I know there is a "how to" on the mirrors online somewhere. I'll try to find it for you

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I think the welds look crappy. The ones attaching the vertical piece to the bumper are good, but I think those were original to the bumper.

The welds holding the horizontal tab with the light attached to it look like crap. IMHO, I weld better than that. Now I know what to charge when people want me to do some work for them. Good to know I can now feel good about 120 an hour...

121 - 140 of 144 Posts