Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Don't I recall something about minor mods?

Hemi, dynatrac, suspension, ....

Roflol

Just go drop it off at JSS and get the hemi done. At least they are close to you.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Don't I recall something about minor mods?

Hemi, dynatrac, suspension, ....

Roflol

Just go drop it off at JSS and get the hemi done. At least they are close to you.

Yes.. unfortunately one thing leads to another. lol

I am keeping this one on 33's for a while then no larger than 35's. I figure the Hemi is necessary for the mountains and then I want stout axles to go with the power. This round I am just going for the gold on the axles before I spend any money on the stock ones. I'm thinking about going Pro Rock 44's front and rear rather than 60's. I'll have to look up JSS, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice rig and much congrats, Im loving my 05.

Oh, really liking those speaker pods also.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I looked them up the other night.. looks like they deal with Chevy too so I am sure they will be a good source for my 03 engine build as well.

Nice rig and much congrats, Im loving my 05.

Oh, really liking those speaker pods also.
Thanks! I can't wait to install the pods, the install is likely going down late Sunday afternoon. Focal speakers will be going in her.

Got the rig back today, the Line X turned out great. I have so many favorite mods but this one is up there on the list, again I highly recommend Line X of Reno.. they do a great job. Getting everything back in place. The rear Catch All cargo mat has not arrived yet but the front and rear mats made it in, they look great as well and give that nice plush carpet feel.

·
3,356 Posts
That turned out very nice!

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Installed the pods today and a new Alpine 153 Blue Tooth receiver. Put a set of Focal Speakers in the Pods and have a subwoofer in a custom box built to fit behind one of the front seats ready to go in once I swap out my 4 channel amp for a 5 channel. Sounds good and turns up very loud, will be nice to get the subwoofer installed. Ricochet Rockers are due to be delivered tomorrow so as soon as those are powder coated they will be getting installed.

Few pics of the install from today...

A prior owner of the rig cut out the center dash plate and numbered badge. Ordered a new badge through Imperial Marketing (A Chrysler/Jeep dealership had to order it). Also going to get a new dash plate before I place the new number badge and also ordered the side badges incase I ever get the rig painted in the distant future.

·
Registered
464 Posts
What Focals did you end up with, I'm very disappointed in myself for not swapping my Focals out in my impala before I sold it with the Rockford components in the TJ.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That looks really good!
That turned out very nice!
Thanks!

What Focals did you end up with, I'm very disappointed in myself for not swapping my Focals out in my impala before I sold it with the Rockford components in the TJ.
I installed a pair of AC 165 speakers. Good enough for now, at some point I may upgrade them but given there is a hardtop on this rig and Danielle does a lot of the driving anything more is not really necessary. I run the PC 165 speakers in my Rubicon.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I installed a pair of AC 165 speakers. Good enough for now, at some point I may upgrade them but given there is a hardtop on this rig and Danielle does a lot of the driving anything more is not really necessary. I run the PC 165 speakers in my Rubicon.
Nice, I had the 165 A1, should have gotten the A3s since I had room in my silvy, I loved my Focals.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
What speaker pods are those, they look great!!!
I custom made that set. I plan on getting new moulds next year so I can crank a few sets out to sell.

Nice, I had the 165 A1, should have gotten the A3s since I had room in my silvy, I loved my Focals.
There will always be another set with your name on them. Overall I like the Focal brand but I tend to blow quite a few speakers which is quite disappointing.

As for the rig I got these back today, now just need some time to get them installed.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Are those PS Ricochets? Have 'em, love 'em!

Yes they are, installed...

I'll get some photos of them up later this week in the day light. I'm just glad I found the time to get them installed this weekend. The body mount bushings are completely shot so I need to replace those and put a one inch body lift on the rig. Can't wait to remove the spacers from the tranny skid, not only are they causing conflict with the 4WD shifter but they are hideous looking. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well it looks like I never did update this thread after installing the PSC Ricochet Rockers. We've had this rig now since July and have found some issues however we have fixed some of them and I have plans in the near future to fix some of the other issues. I am going to start with updating the suspension and install a complete Nth Degree Mobility 4.5" suspension lift. Also will be installing the Currie tie rod after I have new ends installed. I was hoping to get around to swapping out the engine/transmission this year however I think we'll have to put that off until sometime next year. I have decided that Dynatrac ProRock 44 axles will replace the stock axles and it's likely we will need to update the tire size to look right with the lift. When it's all said and done the rig will rock some 315's. Currently the rig's steering is ****** and the suspension makes some noises but overall works for now (although I would be concerned wheeling it).

Below are some photos after the RR'ers were installed. Danielle has a blast driving it and gets lots of compliments.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well the rig is about to undergo some maintenance and new parts, good time to document upcoming upgrades. Right now the Jeep drives poorly and road manners are not expected when driving this puppy. I ordered a new Currie tie rod setup and I also purchased a Nth Degree Tummy Tucker which will be the platform for the lift that I hope to get installed by end of summer. The lift will combine JKS and Nth Degree suspension and assist parts. I will be ordering a JKS HD track bar this week as well as new body mounts and in the coming weeks will be ordering the body lift (Tera), JKS sway bar disconnects, JKS MML and a OME steering stabilizer. This will complete stage 1 of the suspension build which is basically the stuff that needs to be addressed in preparation for the 4.5" lift.

The body mount bushings are toast, time to replace.

This mount is missing altogether, the rig needs some work.

Waiting for the Nth TT to arrive, I'll mount this bad boy when I install the new body mounts, MML and BL.

This is how the rig sits today. The center skid sits low and is causing issues with the 4WD shifter which is not working properly and dangerous in snow/icy conditions. The steering and body roll are causing one to be on edge when cornering in the mountains, hopefully once the track bar, tie rod and body mounts are replaced this will have the rig driving comfortable again.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well I installed the new Currie HD tie rod and the JKS front trac bar and while it drives tighter there is now a loud noise coming from the front that sounds like creeking when going over bumps in the road. I thought it was the pitman arm and replaced the drop pitman arm with a stock pitman arm but that actually made things worse. I am wondering if I don't have enough lift and need to go up some more.. see below.

I also picked up this gem tonight for $180. New AGR Super Box 2 Performance Steering Box.

And the parts pile that is about to make way onto the rig over the next week.. hopefully.

If anyone knows why that front end is creeking so badly let me know, only thing I can think of is the lift is not tall enough.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts