Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after years of looking I finally pulled the trigger on the purchase of a 2005 Rubicon Sahara model, # 364. After all these years and having seven different deals fall through I can proudly say this one has every option on it that I was looking for. The temp/compass mirror, hardtop and automatic transmission were the main features I was looking for and got. This Jeep further comes with some extras that I get to sell so I can personalize it more. I will be pulling the front bumper and winch and selling both as well as selling the tires/wheels and the tube side steps. I have plans to put some Rocker Guards on it along with a different front bumper (still looking) and a Warn 9.5XP winch. The rig has a 4" lift on it so I will be replacing the tires with some 285 75 R 16 Good Year tires but I am not sure if I am going to go with the Duratracs or the MTR/K tires. Final touches on this rig include the front grill, fenders and gas cap cover painted Light Khaki Metallic. Anyway here are some pics, I am really pleased with the purchase!

The rig shipped out on Monday after a weeks wait. They were supposed to pick the rig up last Tuesday but the truck broke down on the way to get her to bring her back to the city (she has been living on Long Island, NY). Looking for her to arrive some time Friday or Saturday.

And here is my GF who will be driving the rig. It was her purchase and she is stoked to be driving one of the best Jeep platforms ever made. The plan is for me to eventually hand the rig down to my nephew (I still need to purchase another LJ for my other nephew).

And here are the speaker pods that will be installed in the rig. The rig already has a stereo system in it but of course I am going to have to tinker with that to my liking. Can't wait to install these below..

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Welcome to the club, from #486.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the club, from #486.
Thanks!

Wow - so pristine! Looks like the exhaust has been upgraded looking at the tailpipe. Hopefully it's not a rust bucket underneath.
Yes, it has a Banks exhaust. As for the under carriage I have photos and it looks like it is in very good condition. Can't wait to inspect once she arrives. The rig should be here on Saturday, spoke with the truck driver this morning.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I have the Banks as well and love it. Funny, my Rubihara is also from NYC.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
I would like to apply for the position of "your nephew" I always liked the LJ's. A yellow or red or white one would be my preference. TIA
:grin:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I see the previous owner wasn't privy to the recent "white out or white in" thread about tire print...
... seriously though, nice lookin' rig.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats and welcome! I have the Banks as well and love it. Funny, my Rubihara is also from NYC.
Thanks. Couple of City Slickers. Up until recently I have been running the Banks on my Rubicon and was very happy with it.

I would like to apply for the position of "your nephew" I always liked the LJ's. A yellow or red or white one would be my preference. TIA
:grin:
That position is currently filled. As for colors I will be looking for a Shale Green Unlimited Rubicon with the tan interior and tan hard top. Green is Lucas' favorite color and that is the rarest Unlimited Rubicon color available. Recently saw one sell in about a day with 6,317 miles on it. Very rare rig indeed along with the Impact Orange color which I am not the biggest fan of.

I see the previous owner wasn't privy to the recent "white out or white in" thread about tire print...
... seriously though, nice lookin' rig.
Thanks. I will certainly be changing the tire/wheel combo soon. Still considering what I want to do for rocker guards and bumpers.

*The photo above is not working and for some reason I can't edit the post so here is the pic...

·
3,328 Posts
Nice jeep, congrats!

·
Administrator
15,086 Posts
awesome find !!

;)

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats on the new ride, jealous
This rig is special and I am looking forward to personalizing it while keeping the stock look in consideration. While I have enjoyed watching what direction others have gone with their RS builds this one will keep the rig looking stock yet capable.

Nice jeep, congrats!
Thank you very much.

awesome find !!

;)
Indeed. Couldn't have done any better and I got a great deal on it too!

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice find!

Are the flares painted? It looks like they match the body color.

It took a hunt to find this gem. I found some very nice RS out there but with the options I was wanting they were marked up to $25,000 to $29,000 which is getting pretty high. I paid no where near that for this one.

As for the flares.. yes they are painted. The PO also painted the gas cover and front grille for the authentic Sahara look. I really like the chrome grille and stock flares of the RS however everything painted looks just as good if not better in my opinion. Very nice mod I will take as a freebie.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Nice!

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the Jeep arrived. I think it may have a loose upper control arm but other than that it's in good condition. As far as rust goes there is some under the rig however the axles and frame are in great shape with minimal rust. Can't wait to drive her more, need to register her this week.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Indeed!

Congrats on your Rubihara, just a few digits older than my #380!
Thanks.. Now I'm part of the club! :grin:

Now that I have had a chance to drive her more I figured out it's the front driver's side lower CA that is loose. I plan on fixing that on Monday. Tomorrow I am pulling all the stereo wiring out and rewiring everything. It was wired incorrectly and really sounds awful however given the included components it has potential.. for now I am going to keep some of the components in the rig. I won't be swapping the pods out until I get a chance to take off the hard top.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well she is off to get her interior sprayed tomorrow by Line X of Reno. I have purchased a set of Catch All carpet floor mats so it will be the same setup I have in my 03 Rubicon. I removed most of the interior parts less the driver seat and driver seat belt. I also removed the front bumper and sold it, the winch is up for sale currently and I will be removing the side steps and the stock rocker guards to install a set of Poison Spyder Ricochet Rockers. Not sure what bumper I am going to install but currently I'm leaning toward Hanson. Have plans to install a Warn 9.5 XP winch with synthetic line however that is a rather expensive purchase so it's not a priority at this time. There are problems with the suspension and I can't seem to figure out what that noise is that I thought was on of the front Control Arms. I leaning toward installing a set of Dynatrac axles and all new suspension, the current lift kit is not very good. This will be the rig that pulls the tear drop trailer I am planning to build so I am leaning toward a Hemi install so I am not under powered in the mountains. Lots of plans for this rig!

Here is a link to the Rocker Guards

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/LJ-Ricochet-Rockers-p/15-50-050.htm

Removed the top so they can spray

And here are the rigs together...

1 - 20 of 91 Posts