Rubicon Owners Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,653 Posts
Same here
I installed a double din CarPlay/Android Auto compatible radio in mine.
I can stream music through the phone via the Rubicon speakers and this also allows me to have the maps on a nice large screen if I need GPS.

Radio repairs are out of my skill set. But I feel moving parts in electronics, in a vehicle in which you bounce off rocks, is just a matter of when stuff will stop working.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
i like a replacement radio that is plug and play, what to buy? Insane? or can i use a car interface with bluetooth and aux in with this RBQ? (sirius ready)
Font Gas Rectangle Technology Electronic device
Gadget Audio equipment Font Peripheral Adapter

Font Communication Device Gadget Screenshot Audio equipment

·
Administrator
11,568 Posts
Many of us here use Crutchfield for vehicle/house entertainment systems and highly recommend them. Contact them and ask for recommendations.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,653 Posts
I went with Crutchfield and got a relatively inexpensive radio, new harness and the dash piece that goes around the radio for roughly $400
Boss BV850ACP Package
Metra 40-CR10 Antenna Adapter
Metra 70-6502 Receiver Wiring Harness
Metra 95-6541 Dash Kit (Black)

It came with a backup camera, and supports both a front and rear camera. I have not installed the camera yet, and am contemplating putting one dead center in the front bumper so I could be my own spotter in some situations.

I will be honest, I chose this radio, because at the time, it was one of the only ones that was available. But I have not been disappointed. So far, no issues with the radio and @Elwarpo upgraded the speakers before I bought it, so I feel the sound is pretty damn nice.

One thing I did do, was reverse the wiring for the front and rear Speakers. Phone and Nav come out via the front speakers. In a jeep, those are at your knees. Flipping those wires allows Phone and Nav to come out above my head. I did the Elff mod and relocated the speaker Pods in front of the center bar like I did years ago in my first Rubicon.

Looks great and the screen is super clear
Vehicle Steering part Steering wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,344 Posts
Nice Jeep, Been to the Netherlands many times, used to fly to Krefeld for work and enjoy your country.

Reactions: Stroopwafel
41 - 47 of 47 Posts