Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I've been lurking for a month or so but, finally got around to joining. Looking forward to contributing to the community. My, fairly new to me, Tank Green Rubicon Hard Rock JK with auto trans only has 22k miles and the previous owner had just finished doing a lot of work on it. He sold it so soon because he purchased a custom rail rig for rock crawling from his friend with an LS based V8!

I just had new Yukon 4.88 gear sets and Chromoly axles front and rear as well as Teraflex HD Ball joints installed at Smith Offroad & Performance. Previously had 3.77's in it, so it drives so much better now!!! I installed a set of rear Tereflex 13.5" Big Brake rotors that use the factor calipers and a fresh set of EBC Green Stuff pads. I'm currently waiting on the Mopar Big Brake kit (backordered). I have a Smittybuilt X20 Pro series 12K lb winch sitting in the box that I need to install.

I can't wait to get the gears broke in so that I can hit some trails this fall/winter.

Build details;
The suspension is a 3.5” Rock Krawler X Factor 3 Link Long Arm Kit w/6” stretch
Rock Krawler 12” coilovers on the front
Rear includes 3.5” lift springs with custom upper mounts for the Fox 2.0 12” travel shocks
Rock Krawler high steer Drag Link with Rock Krawler Pro Tie Rod and Track Bars front & rear
Fox TS Steering Stabilizer w/TMR 1.75” Tie Rod Clamp
Rock Krawler front sway bar links (factory sway bar)
Artec Truss & C-Gussets
Motobilt Front & Rear Diff Covers
Custom length Adams 1310 front and rear driveshafts
Crawler Conceptz 6” Stretch Corners w/color match and round LED Brake & Reverse lights
VKS fab w/Stinger Narrowe front bumper w/Baja Designs LED fog lights
Poison Spyder color matched narrow front fenders
Poison Spyder narrow rear bumper
New KMC Grenade Crawl 17” beadlock rims in brushed finish
New 37/13.50/17 Cooper STT Pro tires
RCO rear license plate relocation bracket
For the trail I have a pair of color matched Savvy Offroad Half Doors and A-pillar side view mirrors

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive side-view mirror
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Vehicle

·
2,047 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
That’s gonna hurt a little bit to put some dirt on that good looker. Do you have plans for a spare? I see you relocated the license plate. What’s the first trail you want to hit?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hello welcome.

·
Administrator
11,473 Posts
She's a looker! Nice suspension upgrades, should do well on the trails.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum!
That’s gonna hurt a little bit to put some dirt on that good looker. Do you have plans for a spare? I see you relocated the license plate. What’s the first trail you want to hit?
I don't have a spare right now but, when I get one I plan to strap it down on the floor, back seat removed, when I wheel. I have a patch and plug kits with me now. I plan to hit some of the trails at Bridgeport OHV Park and then Barnwell. I would love to go on one of the Merus Adventure tours at Palo Duro Canyon in November.

·
Administrator
11,473 Posts
I stopped carrying a spare when I realized how much that weight at the very rear would unload the front axle when making steep climbs, carrying it on the inside of the tub would have been a huge challenge and basically impractical especially for 37" tires.

Some organized groups mandate that a spare be carried and some don't care. I carried two tire repair kits one of which was for trucks, also a bottle of repair glue.

Palo Duro canyon is a fun wheeling venue, we enjoyed it very much the two times we were there.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,275 Posts
Nice rig, couple of hours south of you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts