Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I saw it!..

I saw them shooting those photos in Filmore California early in November! It is the real thing!! They were actually driving (Wheeling) it on a motocross track and then wiping it off and shooting more pics. They kept it under cover with big giant tarps and big rigs so people could not see it from the 126 HWY going toward Ventura!
It has a diesal engine thats was very quiet! I was looking from the mountain
on my freinds property as they crawled over knarly obsticles with it.... Very NICE!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
That Gladiator is pretty cool. The one article says it will have a midgate - as a former Chevy Avalanche owner, that is a cool feature too. Maybe that will replace my station wagon somewhere down the road. :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
As it's 40" longer and 8" wider than a Wrangler Unlimited, and weighs in at 4,150 curb weight, I'd expect the Gladiator to be able to tow about 5 to 6,000 pounds. I haven't been able to find any specs showing the actual towing capacity, though.

The tires are 265/75R18's on the concept, which comes out to about a 33.5x10.5.

If the Gladiator is built on the prototype chassis of the new Wrangler, the Wranger will be getting quite a bit wider, which will cause problems on some of the trails (think Dusy-Ershim).

-Howard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts