Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went for a test ride, I did not drive, in a new JLUR with the turbo 4. I did not have very high expectations as I'm not a fan of small displacement turbo engines, but this one impressed me.

Good power off idle, good power for passing, and the start/stop worked so smoothly that if we did not know it was there, we would not have noticed it. It seems like a well developed package.

If I was buying today, I would buy one.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Looking very possible that's what we'll be getting my wife for her new ride in a few more months. Unless she changes her mind again :D.

- DAA

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am a fan of boost in no matter what displacement. If I were to buy a new JL I think I would still go with a 3.6.
Jeeps first foray into direct injection and their hybrid battery system may work out to be the best ever but it is unproven.
If you rotate vehicles every 3 years then no problem. If you keep them longer then buy extended warranty.
Remember that dealers, both Jeep and private dealers make as much on extended warranty as they do on vehicle sales. You can negotiate both purchase prices.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Administrator
10,842 Posts
We have a 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid since we wanted good fuel economy and it's been a pretty good vehicle but the battery pack takes up a bunch of the trunk space. The full electric Energi model has almost zero trunk space.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My buddy traded for a new 4 cylinder JLUR today. It's coming from a dealership across the state and should be here tomorrow. He will use it as it should be used.

Can't wait to get up in the hills with him and tbe new Jeep!

·
3,469 Posts
There has been a lot of discussion of the 2.0L E-torque system on the local wheeling forum. Lots of speculation if it will hold up to long days of slow offroading. One thing that I find consistent is that people who bought them seem impressed. I hope it is reliable. Its good to have options and new technology.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have test drove that little turbo, impressive indeed.....also really like the 3.6 but keep in mind, I'm comparing to a 4.0. Lol
I'll likely end up with a JL in the near future.

·
3,369 Posts
IF used off road.... and it were me that owned the boosted version.... I would certainly make sure I was using the most robust oil package available for that engine. I would want to ensure that lubrication and heat displacement were eliminated the best I could from a consumer standpoint. Certainly not an engine I would buy cheap oil for.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was talking to the GM at my local dealership about these. He told me they are not selling as well as FCA hoped and they were putting rebates on them. Rebates are unheard of in the Jeep Jeep world.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I took a test ride in both the 4 and 6 cylinder. I was a little sceptical too, not anymore. I actually think the turbo felt faster. Don't get me wrong neither is going to win a drag race but these things are peppy. I imagine all the tuner pros are already figuring out how to increase boost and power. It will be Interesting to see how much power this little 4 will produce with a little tweaking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am new to the forum, Hi everyone, This topic is one of my main reasons for joining. Wife and I are talking about buying our first Jeep and because I seem to always have a better product, it's most likely to be a Rubi. choosing between the 4 banger and the 3.6 is one of my main concerns so I will be following this thread with definite interest.😃

·
3,469 Posts
I would like to hear an update from someone with the 4 cylinder. I am very happy with the 3.6L in my gladiator - the 8 speed auto does a good job keeping the engine in a good torque/hp rpm.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Wife has had one for over a year now. She still loves it. It still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it too. Taking it to Moab again next week.

- DAA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts