Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a group project in my art class. We chose video art as our medium and integrated photo art into it.

Just wanted to get opinions on the result and suggestions for changes.

Thanks,
Brian

http://youtu.be/2DnCHE2ioIE

·
Administrator
15,114 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
did you take all those photo's yourself?

Not to be all negative or such, but its a good presentation, but its close to a middle school project.

If you took the photo's yourself, its a totally different story and its incredible. If not its a photo pilfer from google and some free video editing program work.

·
Jeepless in PA
12,585 Posts
I liked it. It seemed like the transitions were not at the same speed/time cycle? What were the project requirements?

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you take all those photo's yourself?

Not to be all negative or such, but its a good presentation, but its close to a middle school project.

If you took the photo's yourself, its a totally different story and its incredible. If not its a photo pilfer from google and some free video editing program work.
No, I didn't take the pictures. They were taken from Google.
It wasn't a free software. It was a lot of time spent in Premier.
I didn't have a lot of time to spend on it. I have two jobs plus school so time is not readily available.
Thanks for the input. I do appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I liked it. It seemed like the transitions were not at the same speed/time cycle? What were the project requirements?
Yeah, some of the transitions are longer than others. The fade is faster than the zoom. Some were intentional others were not.

Project requirements aren't anything crazy. We had to chose from video art, performance and body art, social practice art, and institutional critique. Pretty open on what we could do.

The idea behind the video was to show that there can be beauty in something so destructive and devastating. Basically looking at something that one may not normally appreciate and find something of value or at least make you think.

·
Administrator
15,114 Posts
Thanks Mac

The idea behind the video was to show that there can be beauty in something so destructive and devastating. Basically looking at something that one may not normally appreciate and find something of value or at least make you think.
the vid hit home after see`n the devastation in Yellowstone years after the fire
( USFS re-seeded some areas - those were horrible
the areas that regrew with no help looked awesome)

also the same regrowth in urban and wild areas of Laguna Beach after the fire

:D

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,040 Posts
Looks good, i did notice some pictures were not a colorful as others. have you considered playing with the contrast in them to brighten them up.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good, i did notice some pictures were not a colorful as others. have you considered playing with the contrast in them to brighten them up.
That is something that I should have done, but didn't really have the extra time. It was due a week earlier than we thought.
Fortunately the project was more about the message than the actual making of the video. We got lucky and the instructor loved it. She gave us 102 out of 100 points.

Thanks for the input everyone. It really helps and will assist me in doing better on future videos that I may create.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Well I really liked it and the message that you can see beauty in ugly things.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
While I don't quite understand what the project requirements were, I do understand the message you were trying to convey. Speaking as somebody who has a design background, I have never watched a video of still imagery that I was real impressed with. I think that is due to transitions I am not ready for, the audio accompanying the imagery, and generally being forced to see only a few elements in the overall picture. I think some creative zooming and panning over some of the critical images would have been more provoking.

That said, I see the video was prepared for ART103 which tells me you are pretty new at this type of work. I understood the message of the video, that is a great success in my opinion. You've got great ideas and talent!

·
3,467 Posts
Good job. I see no problem about googling the pictures as the project did not seem to entail that aspect, rather coherently creating a message (which it did well).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts