Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to wheel colorado for awhile. I have been looking into the all all 4 fun event, has anyone attended? should I attend or wheel trails on my own?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I would think you should do what you want to do. I almost always wheel alone, being nose to ass with other people all day long does not sound like fun to me. Besides if you run alone you are always master of your schedule. Only downside is obviously if you break down you're on your own, for me its a risk worth taking.

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
We've done two or three All 4 Fun events and the quality of the trail leaders is extremely varied. Some are really good and some are immature kids that have no idea how to be responsible for and concerned about the group they are 'leading'. It's not a good idea to wheel alone in the mountains unless you are on a very popular trail with some traffic. Do you have a ham radio license with a 2 meter radio in your Jeep?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
This will be my 7th All-4-Fun in Buena Vista. Great times. great people. Great Vender show on Wed. 53rd annual, so they must be doing something right. Great trails. Last time I was at Buena Vista we did Mt Bross which is 14,000 plus ft. I drive out and back every time. Met John and wife and corgi 7yrs ago at Leadville. We did Chinamans Gulch with him. Someone didn't wait for the guy behind him and we and we got split up. Plan on doing it again, hopefully everyone keeps up. Frank:usa:

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
Oh my gosh Frank, I remember - wasn't that Holy Cross trail? The kid trail leader was playing with his buddies at the wall and it was getting late so I left with three or four Jeeps.

Or was it Chinaman? We ran that a couple of years ago and it's turned into a more difficult trail thanks to erosion and traffic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts