Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for this mystery fitting in the pick!! it is used on the sight tube for an atlas or stack t-case i know it exists this pick is the only reference no body i know or have talked to have a clue where to find this thing it's some sort of custom application bajo fitting. i think it may be a fitting for an aircraft who knows any help or insight pointing me in the right direction would be ---well great!!!
thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brilliant advice :D but i did they have no clue where this was found , i called stak they have no clue ,poly no luck, i have contacted just about every big vendor i could think of no joy thats why i posted
thanks for the help though

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Or call Blaine if Doc isn't available.

We have similar fittings at work, but they're for air and not designed for oil applications...

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
check mcmaster carr and such for pushlock air fittings....that's the style fitting it seems to be and they make all kinds. also try grainger or MSC.

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts
I love the idea of a sight glass, keep us informed when you find one.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
I googled images for "Transfer case sight tube" and found several over on Pirate but, didn't have time to search much. Looks a little more common that we thought.

Samsoffroad.com sells an AtlasII with them installed for a little over 2K

·
3,368 Posts
f9k9 said:
I googled images for "Transfer case sight tube" and found several over on Pirate but, didn't have time to search much. Looks a little more common that we thought.

Samsoffroad.com sells an AtlasII with them installed for a little over 2K
The sight tube in that first picture F9K9 posted you can get directly from McMaster-Car. I'm not sure about the rest of them in F9K9's photos.

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts
The sight tube in that first picture F9K9 posted you can get directly from McMaster-Car. I'm not sure about the rest of them in F9K9's photos
The fittings and tube can also be purchased from Home Depot or Lowes.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
i can get ya what you want. i should have them here at the shop without a problem. can you just measure the threads for me thats going into the tranfer case

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
looks like it may be 1/4" pipe to a 3/8 hose 90 degree, live swivel

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JUST TO CLARIFY!!!!! i know home depot,Lowe's and a lot of other places have 90* fittings , I'm looking for the actual fitting in my first pic.
its not for the 241 t-case its for a new stack 3 speed I'm trying to find the 1st version pictured to clear a cross member for a double triangulated suspension set up not a lot of room to play with THANKS for all the input so far i have seen all the different 90* fittings the one from my pic is low profile that's what I'm shooting for, besides the fact I'm now obsessed with finding that particular fitting
again thanks for the help but I am not trying to find you average 90* fitting

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Dayem!!!!!! Crawling back from the rock I came from under.

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
naa don't get me wrong I'm not shot gun blasting any one i just want that particular fitting
I DO APPRECIATE ALL THE INPUT

·
3,368 Posts
murphy said:
naa don't get me wrong I'm not shot gun blasting any one i just want that particular fitting
I DO APPRECIATE ALL THE INPUT
I can find them online, Fastenal has some almost identical... BUT it doesn't have a allen head banjo bolt as it appears in that pic. All theirs have the regular hex head.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Did you ever try Blaine? He has more than a few connections...

I asked about the ones we have at work-like mentioned earlier, they're air only, not suited for oil use. Couldn't get any info out of the vendor as to WHO they buy from or if they have something like it suitable for oiled applications. They are nearly identical to what you have. It's funny these guys are so "hush hush" about something like this. They buy from someone, as do many other manufacturers. Hard to believe it's such a secret.

Best of Luck,

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts