Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2010 Jeep Rubicon, was driving on Interstate, when there was a beep, then it was like there was no power, the engine light, voltage light and the traction light all came on. The engine was still running but just could not accelerate. Pulled off the interstate, turned it off and turned back on and it was fine. Went to visit grandsons, left three hours later and it did it twice on the way home. The engine light would never go off.

·
1,906 Posts
Welcome to ROF.

Your first step is to identify any engine codes thrown. Put your key into the ignition and turn it to the on position without starting it. Then off. Do this three times. Leave it on the third time and note any codes where your odometer would normally show.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,191 Posts
Most auto stores (autozone...) will also read codes for free. Once you have the vides, post them up here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to ROF.

Your first step is to identify any engine codes thrown. Put your key into the ignition and turn it to the on position without starting it. Then off. Do this three times. Leave it on the third time and note any codes where your odometer would normally show.
It did not show a code, I tried it several times, any suggestions?

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
Welcome to ROF!

Go to an auto parts store and have them pull codes, some codes are only visible by a dealer with a dealer scanner (or other high dollar scanners.)

I'm moving this thread to a JK specific section.

·
1,906 Posts
Your thread will probably get moved to here…

·
Premium Member
TBD
4,275 Posts
I’m new to this, what is JK specific section
It is the forum category that is specific to your vehicle as well as the problem you are currently running into.

Did the JK's have ASS? <--- I love typing it like that. :ROFLMAO:
ASS = Auto Stop Start.

I know that can be an issue on the JL's
But getting the error code would be a big help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts