Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got a shock while changing the oil this morning. After Sundays run that I thought went pretty smooth I discover my oil pan is crushed. It looks like someone took a 5lb sledge to it, Im surprised the pump didnt break.

Im trying to get a new one now, the dealer wants a hefty penny for it, anyone know of a good aftermarket pan?

Also anyone know if the skid row engine skid covers the oil pan? I was going to order the skid row this week, but now I want to make sure I get the oil pan covered with whatever I buy.

Dave

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
yes, the skid row does cover the oil pan. Hence my reason for getting it. Awesome investment.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Try hitting a Junk yard

I believe any 1988 or later 6 cylinder jeep wrangler engine will have the proper size oil pan.

I do know that Q-Tec sells them, but not sure of what the price is.

This is why I always say, make the oil pan skid your first mod.
I hope you find a nice inexpensive solution.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea Im a little PO'd about it actually. I swear I didnt hit that rock that hard, but must of been harder than I thought.

Just makes me wish I had waited to skid it before I try'd that trail, but live and learn.

Now to find time to price check Skid Row Skids/order and get shipped and installed all before Oct 4. That includes a new Oil pan.

Have to vent a bit:)

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
That sucks, I had to replace my oil pan on my 97 sport and they (Greyson Jeep in Knoxville, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM) tried to charge me $407. I bitched alot and they dropped it to $345 which was still too high, but what can ya do if ya have oil drippin like I did. I got them to drop their price by calling my jeep dealership back home (in Dyersburg) and they told Greyson they were only going to charge me $207 but problem was I wasn't in Dyersburg at the time, oh well. later Brian

·
Registered
478 Posts
You guy's should be able to buy a new OE pan for $100.00 USD.
part# 53010340AB. It says 2003 only but I'm sure that any other year of 4.0l will work as long as you use the oil pick up to match the pan.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Dave....Look at the silver lining....Now you have to upgrade.. :wink:

Let me know if you can't find one...I have access to one here in Canada that is sitting in a garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts