Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the full set of N th Degree system minus the front diff slider, getting ready to start cleaning up the rust. Maybe take off and sandblast some of the easier pieces to remove. Mine are Grey, does anyone know the Original color exact name?

Or any suggestions on near match, some of the system will need to be either a shaker can or paint brush.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
My Nth stuff is Gray, and I installed it in 2007.

The parts came from Nth in Nevada JUST before they went bust.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
I believe that all of the original Nth Degree Mobility lifts were grey and it was not until AEV took over that they were switched over to black - post 2007??

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I believe that all of the original Nth Degree Mobility lifts were grey and it was not until AEV took over that they were switched over to black - post 2007??
You sir are wrong! I bought my Nth Degree system while standing in their shop in Nevada. This was after I took a test drive in a TJ and did a J turn at over 35 mph.

Very shortly thereafter they went out of business. Ask Dave (the owner) about Nth Degree before the owner had so unusual business practices.:bangtard:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
These are the tools needed to remove the transmission skid plate, a 17 wrench, see pic, worked perfect, the T8 and T6, the front bolts must be aluminum, will not stick to a magnet, the year might? Make a difference on metric or standard. This is a 2004 Jeep Rubicon

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These are the tools that I needed to figure out what size bolts and nuts were on the transmission cover

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I used this to drop the skid plate on, skid is not very heavy easy to manage without the lift

Attachments

·
904 Posts
These are the tools needed to remove the transmission skid plate, a 17 wrench, see pic, worked perfect, the T8 and T6, the front bolts must be aluminum, will not stick to a magnet, the year might? Make a difference on metric or standard. This is a 2004 Jeep Rubicon
I don't know about the Nth system but with respect to a 2004 and metric vs imperial ... I have a 2004 and constantly find both metric and imperial bolts used. It's almost like Jeep used whatever hardware they had laying around haha.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,969 Posts
Look up my posts in the FAQ section on painting steel and you will not have to do it as often :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hate to ask mostly because I think that I already know the answer.... But here it goes anyway, does anyone know where I could possibly find a kit to buy? I've always wanted the Nth lift but never had the money.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hate to ask mostly because I think that I already know the answer.... But here it goes anyway, does anyone know where I could possibly find a kit to buy? I've always wanted the Nth lift but never had the money.
Add look for a Jeep with one already installed, I am totally respectful of those that have completed this mod.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
That stuff is pricey and heavy. I think I would have to be living in a rock garden to justify all the time to install, money and weight gain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just about everything on the Nth Degree website, including the complete kit, is "out of stock".

Does anybody know someone who has the kit wanting to upgrade to something else?

·
Registered
301 Posts
That stuff is pricey and heavy. I think I would have to be living in a rock garden to justify all the time to install, money and weight gain.
If you ever drove one down the road - your opinion would change. Road manners were just as good as off road performance.

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
Having steel skids or other weight at or near the bottom of the chassis helps to lower the center of gravity - a good situation! I changed to aluminum bumpers from steel and don't carry a 100 pound spare tire on the tailgate.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts