Rubicon Owners Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I emailed the current owner of this Jeep, which was mine back in the day, and said "let me know if you decide to sell it, I might be interested in owning it again."

Reactions: mac

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The current owner emailed me today and had a bunch of questions about the Jeep.
He's planning on putting bigger tires on it along with different wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Sounds like the Jeep has another new owner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, I love this Jeep. My whole family was so surprised when I brought it home. Well, maybe not too surprised. I've never obsessed on researching something as hardcore as I have Jeeps these past couple months. Took it home for an extended test drive this weekend, and signing up on Monday!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll get some better photos later. Looks like that last two owners added an aftermarket backup camera. It's not working- looks like the transmitter in the back isn't getting power as I don't see the green light on. The power cord to it is plugged into the cig lighter outlet, and I know it works because the plug also has a USB port on it so as not to eliminate your ability to charge a phone with that unavailable outlet. When I plug my phone into the USB outlet provided on the cameras power cord, it works. Someone also added a bestop sunrider top. I wondered if the previous owners still had the freedom top.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
After I sold it (well, traded it in) I don't know if the dealer sold it outright or auctioned it.

It ended up in Texas somehow, whether the 2nd owner bought it while in the Tacoma area and was army / Air Force and moved to Texas, or it ended up in Texas through an auction is a mystery to me.

I googled the VIN at least a year after I got rid of it, and saw it for sale at a huge Texas ebay seller. The 3rd owner bought it there and found the note I left in the owners manual. Now the 4th owner found the note. WOOHOO! I got a PM earlier today, which prompted me to post the "it has a new owner" message above.

The 2nd owner must not have seen the note I left in the manual. It's actually amazing the note was still there. It was 3.5 years I ago I said goodbye Rubi.

In a small way, I miss it, but I sold it because I refused to drive it during the harsh winters eastern WA gets. They use nasty stuff on the roads in the winter. When I bought it, I was living in the west side of WA.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Someone also added a bestop sunrider top. I wondered if the previous owners still had the freedom top.
That's sad that someone didn't include the freedom hard top pieces.

One of the two previous owners must have added the Sunrider top.

I have the previous owner's email address (3rd owner) and will PM it to you.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
LOL, my signature has the list of mods I did to it:

2012 JKU-R COD MW3: Teraflex 1" lift/leveling springs, AEV front bumper with Warn 9.5 ctis, that is all.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Always been curious if my old JKUR is still on its 4th owner or if it's changed ownership again.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
look at you stalking the old jeep. LOL

I guess I could do that to mine, if I ever sold them. Well I guess I sold one the Sahara tan one, I got stalked from the new owner right after, but never heard any thing else.

Hope all is well on the dry side

41 - 53 of 53 Posts