Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks likes she's totalled. Was sideswiped by somebody making a blind lane change. This got me sideways and she flipped over the meridian and rolled three times. Both myself and my girlfriend walked away without a scratch.

Talk about a close one!

Keep you posted on the condition of the Con.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Sorry to hear about out accident glad you guys are ok, I bet it was scary. I had my Rubi for a week when I got hit by a 3/4 ton truck that came flying around a corner and was in our lane heading straight for us after swerving from lane to lane a few times he clipped the rear corner, not too much damage but had to get a new top, scary experience, it took the truck over 100’ to stop after he hit us, I am sure this would have been avoided if the guy had not been :drinking:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Can you save all your skids and stuff you added and get an '04? Man, sorry to hear about the wreck, but glad to hear you made it out ok.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
May she rest in peace... And may it be re-incarnated as an 04...

Brief pause of silence here...

Glad you are ok. As dangerous as some people say Jeeps are, I swear passengers and drivers always fair well in extreme roll overs in them. But the hi-way saftey people don't recognize that about them at all it seems.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Hey sorry about what happened...but if its totaled and they are going to cut you a check you should butcher her...ie take the 4.10's out, lockers, find some old tires, etc etc etc...I had a buddy who totaled his TJ and he had a pretty good setup...but he stripped the thing down as much as he could before they towed it away. Good luck to you and I hope you get another Rubi!
PEte M

·
Registered
628 Posts
Glad to hear you were both ok. I know after I had my Cherokee stolen I had the option to buy it back real cheap you should check with your insurance company, be nice to have one for parts!

Adam

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
good to hear your OK!

thats a good idea to salvage some parts.....

keep us informed!

mac

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
That really sucks, what a waste. I hope you get another Rubi tho, jeeps may not be the safest but they do seem to take care of their owners.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Hey Rubiconvict, sorry to hear about your accident but glad everyone is OK. Like everyone else has said, if it doesn't cost too much, by the vehicle back, strip out what is usefull, and sell the carcass to a salvage yard. It would be great to have a few extra parts when you build your new rig.

Ken

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or here's another angle. Wait for the TJ-8 to come into production. If they don't offer it in a Rubi package you have everything you need to build one.

·
Registered
368 Posts
glad to hear you both are ok, did you have an aftermaket cage?

-ds

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ahh, now I see what happened. Man, I am sorry about your bad luck. Hopefully your insurance comes through for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts