Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 90% done with my new welding cart. i think I need bigger tires and need to put them on the outside. nothing on the cart and it seems very tippy.

Attachments

·
3,425 Posts
Just a suggestion, you can take some thin round stock and make an "L" bracket (or 2) and put them on the side of the cart for something to roll your cords onto.

Do you plan something to hold a gas bottle?

·
Administrator
10,765 Posts
Larger wheels would make it a bunch easier to roll around, store some heavy stuff on the bottom shelf and that will improve its stability. In a moment of weakness I bought a Harbor Fright (sic) cart about that size - truly a piece of junk, I should build a replacement.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, for the gas bottle. I was going to make a small square from angle iron, weld it to the back side of the bottom shelf.

I made a similar shelf and welded it to the table I built previously but I should have paid more attention in math class because the shelf came out twice as big then it needed to be for the tank footprint. :nerd:

I hope to do a better job this time.

Just a suggestion, you can take some thin round stock and make an "L" bracket (or 2) and put them on the side of the cart for something to roll your cords onto.

Do you plan something to hold a gas bottle?

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Completed. I doubt I will paint it but maybe if I do, it will be yellow. May need a handle on the front but for now, it is done.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts