Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
392 Hemi Wrangler The message from johncanfield was very old so I am reposting here.
johncanfield said:
13 seconds in a 1/4 mile is pretty darn fast for that Jeep! My wife's 2020 Aviator (Lincoln version of the new Ford explorer) has a 3.0L twin turbo putting out 400hp at 415 pound feet - it's a rocket.
I like your two cars. My wife has a 2020 Lincoln Aviator as you describe and it did feel strong. It did until I got my 2021 JLUR 392 XR 35s 4:56 rear axle. It is a rocket and the Lincoln is not. The Lincoln gets 21.6 mpg with wife driving the 392 gets 13-14 with me trying hard to save fuel. I just bought my grandsons 2020 Subaru WRX to daily drive. 25 mpg is possible with 87 octane, the 392 has to have 93 Octane. I now drive the Jeep on Sunday. The WRX is fast by the numbers, maybe similar to the 392, but to go fast in the WRX you need to work a bit and shift smooth and fast several times. To go fast in the 392 you just need to push down on the right foot and with that push comes the best sound a guy has ever heard. I have had a lot of fast cars and 7 corvettes even a ZR1 and a supercharged one I could break the tires lose at 50 mph and many others even a GMC Typhoon. (look it up) The 392 is the best Hot Rod ever. I go off-road in a CanAm 1000 defender limited with heat and air. my 392 barely sees gravel parking lots. It is my street rod that has big tires and makes ever person who test drives it start laughing. No one is ready for a Jeep take off like the 392 does, they all start giggling. I have added all I need to tow it behind my RV and we added a 12000 lb winch and a 135 lb. Exact Center stabilizer. This is maybe my 6th or 7th Jeep and it is the best. I am told it is very good off-road too. I will never know.
For the young folks who don't know the 392 Rubicon was not the first very fast 4x4. I found a review of the Typhoon

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Happy Fathers Day to every father
Yesterday was fathers day so My son Todd took me fishing (boat ride) and his son Tony (my grandson) was there for Todd. Great day to be on the water in a real nice pontoon. But, before we could start we had to get the pontoon out of the barn. High winds had taken down 70-80 foot popular and luckily and it missed the barn by inches. Two chain saws and the bobcat with grapple had it cleared in minutes. We went North to Burt Lake and Indian River. The river that connects the boat launch to Burt Lake is lined with high dollar homes with many very nice boats. It was a very nice day for a nice slow cruise through Indian River and onto Alanson for more river crushing. When we got home gram had a feast for all of us. After dinner my son JohnK joined Todd, Tony, and I as we took two side-by-sides and ran the mountain trails for 30-40 minutes. We probably went 10-15 miles as we traveled quite fast. a great day to have spent time on the water, eaten a super meal and run our trails with two of my sons and a grandson. Todd did get lost again on trails he made a few weeks ago. We are on 350 plus acres on a old ski resort that is heavily wooded. Growth is very fast so it is hard to get your bearing as many of the 20 or so miles of trails cross. It was a good ride and a good finish to a great fathers day. Happy fathers day to all fathers on the ROF and elsewhere.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,522 Posts
400 HP 350 ft lbs torque 5.3L V8 in both my LJs is too much fun.

• Love
Reactions: johncanfield

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · · Business
400 HP 350 ft lbs torque 5.3L V8 in both my LJs is too much fun.
Your LJ should be a good test for our Exact Center TJ application. My son has a TJ with a 318 Mopar in it he says it is just 40 lbs heavier that the 4.0 it replaced. Where are you located? You should talk to my son Todd 1998 TJ 4" Long Arm lift 33's V8. He does have a ExactCenter and runs 80 on interstate in the wind with no issues. I think you will qualify for a free Exact Center an brackets. Sounds like you can handle the install which is nothing compared to your build. My grandson Tony has his build on ROF
follow TJ build yellerfeller 03 Rubicon Build he has a Exact Center and he just changed the mount
email ExactCe[email protected] or call Tony or Todd at 1-989-448-2501 EST 8-4 call or email
PIWcorp 1492 Orourke Blvd Gaylord, Mi 49735
We are the inventer of Exact Center Steering stabilizer and a Roadmasterinc Dealer
here is a video of my Rubicon 2021 JLUR 392 XR This is a 135 lb on a 2021 JLUR 392 XR with engine off.
New video by jond shep
EC in the raised location without after market damper installed
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Roadmaster ad Roadmaster Inc. - Tow Bars, Braking Systems & RV Accessories
Do call or email, it will be worth your time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts