Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has already been addressed but here goes. like so many other people wanting all LED on their heeps I ran into a roadblock on the front marker/turn signals. The problem of course is the mopar floating ground. I knew if I could overcome the side marker wig-wag switching ground I would have it made. What I found was non polarized 194 LED bulbs. No more problems with the floating ground. The bulbs are made by Jam Strait and are a lot more expensive than standard led bulbs ($22 pair).
As for the hyperflash I did the radiocrap/stu offroad micro relay inside the OEM flasher and it works great.
Bottom line, now my heep has no incandescent bulbs. The instrument panel is all red led, interior lights are white, headlites are trucklites.

·
904 Posts
This is really interesting cause I tried swapping out my front turn indicator lights to LED's but I had issues that would cause them to register as burnt out and flash rapidly even with the LED relay already installed. I have LED lights in the rear. Are these the lights you got or can you provide a little more information?

https://www.jamstrait.com/index.php?rt=product/category&path=58_77

https://www.jamstrait.com/index.php?rt=product/product&path=52_98&product_id=187

Thanks for the post by the way

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
194SW is what I used for the corner wig-wag lights.https://www.jamstrait.com/index.php?rt=product/category&path=58_77
I used 3157 LEDs from Amazon for the front turn signal/marker
because of size constraints
I also tried different turn signal flashers and found the stock flasher with the relay mod worked the best. The second best flasher is this one, the ep470, the ep26 has limited function and the ep27 will blow fuses

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hows the brightness level compared to the OEM bulbs?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot brighter/more visible. The bulbs I used have 4 leds

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know I'm late to the party, but...

Recently (within the past month) used Quadratec's plug and play rear LED light replacements on my 2004. Comes with an LED rated flasher. Install went perfectly, rear lights worked as advertised. (Great customer service from Quadratec on a small wrinkle with the first set, OBTW!)

Now like you all trying to LED up the front turns. I too bought LED turns and side marker bulbs from Amazon that all indications were would work. They do not (depending on whether running/headlamps are on. When off they flash, when headlamps on they are on steady...no flash.)

Searched many other sites and found numerous "fixes" all with some drawback or other (dash lights turn signal indicators on dim, etc.) but this is the first forum to recommend the ep470 as the correct flasher to use.

Before I sink more money, does anyone else have any experiences with the ep470 and other LED bulbs that are 100% sure the correct combination that works 100% of the time?

Thanks everybody.

--TimberGhost sends

·
Administrator
10,765 Posts
I bought my LED flasher on one of the major Jeep aftermarket upgrade websites - forgot if it was GenRight .. now that I think about it it was GenRight. Check them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts