Rubicon Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
stitch1 said:
inline6 said:
Looks familiar, nice.
Yeah I just changed mine out last week, but I had a smaller wal mart brand in the same location scene I got the jeep in 05.......
I am undecided on the location under the steering wheel and I have not pulled that panel off to see where you guys are mounting the brackets to. Where are you guys mounting the brackets? As for speaker, I am either going to go through my stereo or mount one close to my ear on the bar just above the lap belt attachment point.

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
I think I just mounted it to those screws on either side of the CB.

As I recall, could not find a mounted pic. I did not get mine all that straight when I did it.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
huntinbob06 said:
Having the CB on the Rockhard cage let's me see what I'm doing.

-----------------
here's mine, same same.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Where are you guys mounting the brackets?
To mount mine under the steering wheel, I took a piece of wood and shaped it so that I could screw it into the metal frame of the dash (that you can't see in the picture, below the CB) and I could then screw the mounting bracket into it. It is kind of a kluge but it works and is solid. You can't see it when the panel is in place.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Great, Thanks!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have the WX75. The module is mounted behind the glove box. I just put he mic in the cup holder when wheeling and when I'm done on the trails. I just put the mic in the glove box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone just run it straight into the center console? I run the antenna wire down thru the bottom and have a towel folded up to reduce bounce and shock inside the console - I have a large Cobra 29 NWXT and with the center console closed - the mic comes right out the front - lays in my lap or the passengers lap or the floor...this way it's not bouncing me or anyone else in the head.

Then I ran an ext speaker up above my head on the speaker pod - it's WAY loud if I want it to be - even at 80mph highway with the top down you can hear it clear as day!

From front:
http://www.secadmin.info/albums/OffRoad/DSCN0348.jpg

from back
http://www.secadmin.info/albums/OffRoad/DSCN0346.jpg

(wouldn't let me post pictures for some reason)

There is no way you're head will ever hit it - it's way up and behind the drivers seat - tucked up nice and close..just a simple Radio Shack ext speaker - Love it!

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Usually you have to use the image tags

[im g] [/im g], without the spaces, however the occasion site does not allow linking.

John

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
It's to bad the speakers could not be flush mounted inside the overhead speaker pod. Of course that could be done if the dome light was removed...now you have the squirrels working over time on my little wheel :laugh:

John

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
At long last, well about two days of fighting with SWR readings and an antenna mismatch I have my Ham/CB installed.

For the tech minded that is a 10 meter/11 meter setup.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
What are your guys thoughts on the Cobra Highgear external speakers? Found them online for dirt cheep and was going to mount it under my steering column so that it was hidden but close enough to still be useful. Any others I should look into? Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
657 Posts
06moneypit said:
What are your guys thoughts on the Cobra Highgear external speakers? Found them online for dirt cheep and was going to mount it under my steering column so that it was hidden but close enough to still be useful. Any others I should look into? Thanks in advance guys
I've got one and like it. It is plenty loud enough for me with my Cobra 75. But, I've never had an external speaker before, so I have nothing to judge it against. I initially had it mounted where the coin tray is near the manual shifter. But, with the top off and a loud exhaust, it was hard to hear. So, I mounted it to the roll bar, right near the driver side speaker pod (used two large hose clamps). It is pretty close to my ear so I don't have to have the vol. cranked up, but is out of the way so I won't smack my noggin on it. Plus, it was only $15. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well I know a couple people have pics posted, but what Im wondering is where most of you mount the antenna, and, how you get the coax cable out to it? Just wanting to see some different ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
Heres mine,

~John

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Custom bracket mounts mine right under the drivers seat... out of site and actually not to bad to operate. No way you catch me cut into the dash to mount a cb. Personally like the rollcage setups pictured, best look and function imo.

·
Registered
671 Posts
How'd your interior get so clean? You can't even tell that mine once looked like that. I detail once a year and it gets harder each year. Comes from not having a top on it most of the year and driving extremely dusty roads. Usually toward the back of the line.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts