Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ok I know theres so many threads on this but

Lets make a good one for a sticky....

·
Registered
563 Posts
Here's the link I used to make mine....... cost me $7 at Lowe's.
http://www.omninerd.com/articles/Build_ ... _Equipment

Works great. Channel holds the wires. Can add iPod, GPS, Radar Detector, multiple power outlets, chap stick....... Great and practical.... not to mention cheap.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I use the WX75 and mounted the box under my seat and throw the mic down there when I'm not using it. Out of sight, out of the mind of a thief!

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I keep mine (Peaked & Tuned PC68 Elite) in an Geeps overhead console. He is an Rof forum member that sells switches and makes consoles every once in a while in his spare time.

Pretty secure yet easy to use.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Here's my Cobra with a Bracketron bracket on the dash.
The only other part is the metal output box with connector
for the mic/radio that's mounted under the pass seat. It performs well,
and it's out of the way for the passanger as well.

:D

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
CPike3 said:
I use the WX75 and mounted the box under my seat and throw the mic down there when I'm not using it. Out of sight, out of the mind of a thief!
x2... the cb is tucked up behind the dash... the handset is usually in my lap when I'm wheeling or disconnected and stored away when not wheeling. Great little CB. I wish I had the one with the auxillary PA feature...

·
Registered
325 Posts

Just screwed mount to console. Does not get in the way of my big feet. Would be a prob if I flooded Jeep though. I had the same radio for about 10 years, and it's served me very well. Not bad for $30 on sale at Wal-Mart. It also had an antenna with it, but I got a better one. I know, time to clean the interior.

·
Registered
235 Posts

the best pic I have of mine. Custom aluminum tube clamp with a tapped hole. still need to lengthen the wires to run them down the pass side.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
1 Tuf Rubicon said:
I have this one as well, works very nicely. I'd buy another if I had another jeep :D

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Scoob said:
I keep mine (Peaked & Tuned PC68 Elite) in an Geeps overhead console. He is an Rof forum member that sells switches and makes consoles every once in a while in his spare time.

Pretty secure yet easy to use.
Is there any way he can build one to compensate for an sPOD? I REALLY like that set up.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
jeepsyco said:
Is there any way he can build one to compensate for an sPOD? I REALLY like that set up.
I really doubt it, but I dont know for sure. I had to make a choice between the Spod and the console. Since the console holds my cb (something sPod wont do) and all my switches I went with the console. But I will point him to this thread.

·
Registered
51 Posts
jeepsyco said:

I would need to get a real closeup look at how the S-Pod is connected to be able to answer this question 100%. The console would need to be made 4 inches shorter to compensate for the S-Pod. For safety reasons, the console would need to be cross braced in front or installed into a sports cage since we are talking about 20 to 25 pounds of metal and equipment. I can see it having a heck of a bounce offroad otherwise.

·
Registered
440 Posts
What do all those switches do? My fog light switch is in the cruise crontrol, my lockers are already up front, and I have an empty switch spot (from a missing O/D switch?) I could tap into. What other accessories do you switch from that center console? Just curious....

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
rjh said:
What do all those switches do? My fog light switch is in the cruise crontrol, my lockers are already up front, and I have an empty switch spot (from a missing O/D switch?) I could tap into. What other accessories do you switch from that center console? Just curious....
If your talking about mine.
OBA, IPF Driving lights, Fog lights, Rock lights, Back up light

·
Registered
440 Posts
Scoob said:
OBA, IPF Driving lights, Fog lights, Rock lights, Back up light
Man, that's a lotta lights! Got any pictures? What are IPF driving lights? Do the rock lights point down & forward, or off to the side? I try not to back up if I don't have too... snagged my tailpipe that way once. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone used the CB mount that quadratec sells that attaches to the side of the console? I just got mine today thinking it would be an easy way to mount my scanner that will be here tomorrow,, man was I disappointed when I opened the box. Guess I will be sending it back and just mount the scanner to the same spot but just screw/bolt the bracket to the console.

·
Registered
325 Posts
jeep06 said:
Guess I will be sending it back and just mount the scanner to the same spot but just screw/bolt the bracket to the console.
That's what I did.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
On my Rockhard cage:

·
Registered
181 Posts
this is not the best picture but mine is mounted to the top of the cross bar on the cage, you can also see the control head for the ham radio on the dash bar as well as the gps, the ham radio is buried behind the stereo in the dash up high to keep it out of any water that may find its way into the jeep ;)

1 - 20 of 105 Posts