Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get some information about the mopar nav system. I got the mopar cataloge for the wrangler, and it was in thier, but when i went to the web site to look at it, it said it wasnt for wrangler. Doesnt anyone run one of these? I want to get it once my rubi gets here.

thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think most of us that have GPS's just bought an aftermarket one.. It will be cheaper that way..
Good Luck Chaz

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
you can get a better one then the Mopar...
and use the casheeeeeeeeeeeee on modifications.
:wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea garmin should be good. anyone got one that is in dash? Buddys dad uses the GNS 430 in his plane, but i dont think it would work to well for on ground use

·
Registered
454 Posts
The nav system isn't a GPS. As far as I have heard, it is just a DVD that shows you where to go.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Garmin with mapping capabilities is what I would go with, at least when I can afford it :?

Roger

·
Registered
478 Posts
triver525 said:
The nav system isn't a GPS. As far as I have heard, it is just a DVD that shows you where to go.
The mopar one is not a GPS. It uses a DVD with maps on it and it only shows highway and main roads. no off-road or gravel roads. A real GPS is the way to go.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Jeep does have one that fits in the Wrangler. I saw a Jp on ebay that had one in it.I saw pics it looked like a stock replacement.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The MOPAR system is too much money for me. I use a Garmin GPS V and have been very happy with it although the 19MB memory is a limiting factor.

That said, I do believe the MOPAR system uses GPS to provide actual location information. I have not personally even seen one, but here is a link to the fullest description of the RB1 system I have seen. You will note that it also says it can be used in a Wrangler.

HTH

http://www.wyckoff-mopar-parts.com/moprb1radnav.html

·
Registered
478 Posts
I could very well be mistaken about the GPS capability of the unit. But it doesn't work north of Calgary so we've never sold any. You could buy 5 quality GPS units for what they want for one of these mopar units.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It looks like you are right, I didn't have a lot of info on them as they do not provide maps or service north of Calgary.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It looks like you are right, I didn't have a lot of info on them as they do not provide maps or service north of Calgary.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts