Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We arrived in town on Friday morning at 11am to rainy weather. Hell's Revenge seemed like a good warm-up run. Plus this was the maiden run for the XJ that had been under construction the past two years. The rain was off and on all day, sometimes coming down pretty hard. The weather must have kept the crowds away, because we only saw two other vehicles the entire day. I'd been waiting a year and a half to do Escalator. Finally, I had the opportunity and I wasn't about to let the rain stop me. I wish I could say that it was the rain's fault for the rocks giving my hardtop a nice little rash, but I was off line just enough to slip in a hole and having to get strapped out. After I was pulled out of my predicament, I stood at the top of the obstacle trying to see where I went wrong. After I gained enough courage, I pulled around for another go. This time I hit the line perfectly and completed the Escalator unscathed.

Saturday we were up early to run Poison Spyder, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim. The weather that day was perfect. We breezed through Poison Spyder fairly quickly and stopped at the Golden Crack on Golden Spike for lunch. The XJ made easy work of the normal lines on The Crack so we found a line a little more difficult for it. A quick stop at Double Whammy so the XJ could spank it up and down a few times and we were off. I always forget how much fun these three trails are. So many ledges of all sizes to go up and down.

Sunday we decided on a quick run up to Rocker Knocker and back in Pritchett Canyon. The weather was perfect again. Unfortunately my camera ran out of juice just into the trail. This canyon has changed quite a bit since the last time I was there two and a half years ago. The obstacles were eroded and thus bigger and nastier than any of us remembered. We made it to Rocker Knocker where the XJ finally met it's match. The rocks put the front end in a bind and broke the front stub shaft. I gave it a whirl but was denied. After being humbled, we licked our wounds and headed home.

Overall a great trip with good friends and family. Enjoy the pictures.

·
Registered
453 Posts
MudPro said:
Great pictures, looks like you guys reallly enjoyed yourselves!

absoluteunlimited said:
Great pics, Can't wait! Im goin' down on the 1st of october!
I'll be there Sept 30 and Oct 1 in a rented rig.
In a rented rig,? I want to go that route and just make sure i get the insurance! :lildevil:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the compliments. I can't wait for the next trip! If your heading to Moab, and are looking for rental rigs, Cliffhanger Jeep Rental has lifted Rubi's available. They're located inside Archway Inn.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Man those are great pics, MOAB must be the most wheeled place in the USA.....

Tractman

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
We must have just missed seeing you out there. I'll bet we passed you in town. I didn't get to do Poison Spider or Hells Revenge this year but they are two of the better trails out there in my opinion. Great pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts