Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone drive to Moab for an event from pretty far? on the very easy of canada would be driving two jeeps with one trailer and atleast one rig would need to able to drive itself back.. to allow for one rig to have a catastrophic failure, be 35s on both and lockers, minimal suspension lift though... i see they want 50$ a day registration and trail fees and other fees and nothings included? anyone goto moab and bypass all the registration and fees just tag along and lay low.. after all isnt that what offroading is about

·
3,350 Posts
Traveling across country is always a fun adventure. Moab is very busy during EJS, but the last couple years numbers have been a little down (or so I'm told). My biggest reservation about EJS are all the people. Jeeps are stacked on the trails and the town is also packed. It might already be too late to reserve a room, spot, house, etc.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
You might be able to buddy up with our ROF member renglish - I think he's in BC and has been to Moab. I certainly wouldn't want my first Moab experience to be at that EJS event. We've gone there before by ourselves and always managed to hook up with another Jeep or two. Usually the groups stage at the City Market (grocery store) about 8 am and the gas station about three miles south of town on the east side.

·
Registered
494 Posts
So I really dislike this new platform.
We have made the trek to Moab 10timesin the past 13 years. we plan to go many more times. We drive with all our gear, Mountain bikes and Dog.
I have never been during EJS. It is on my list along with Speed Week and TOH. My work schedule just kind of sucks right now.
We go in late October or early November. The town is quiet and Arches is not busy.
Are you Camping/Condo/Motel?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts