Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small vibe still with my RE 4.5" SF lift and was wondering about a few things..
1)Do you have to do/have a body lift to do a MM lift?
2)How much of a change in rear DS angle will result from the MM lift?Is it worth the trouble/expense?

Thanks,
Daaron

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Yes, you must do a body lift to do a motor lift. As for angle, I think its only a couple degrees since you're only lifting the front end of the drivetrain 1 inch.

·
Registered
843 Posts
hMMM

In your case, I might suggest adjustable UCA's, a Tom Woods drive shaft or a Transfercase lowering kit. These suggestions are of course from most expensive to least so start at either end.

G

·
0 Posts
Daaron here is a couple of things to check on your vibes.

1. Is the front DS at the same angle as the front pinion. Front DS is a Double Candan.
2. Is the rear Tailshaft angle the same as the rear pinion angle (pinion can be slighly lower)
3. Did you get it aligned after the lift?
4. Did you install the T-case drop? If not I would do that if you can't afford a new DS just yet. You still need to make certain that your angles are correct.

Rear Drive Shaft Alignment

As for the MML without Bl, you won't be able to do it, the bellhousing hits the body when you flex. You would also need to raise or cut the fan shroud, which would expose the blades to fingers. Can you do it and run on the streets yes, but for on the trail I wouldn't recommend it.

How much angle, unfortunately I didn't measure my angle before, but after the MML my tailshaft sits at 6 degrees as measured from the DS.

Ron

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Tom Woods DS,I have rear pinion set at 1degree less then DS angle and the front DS and pinion are set at the same angle.I also have the t-case drop installed,but it didn't seem to make a differance.

This is also my second TW DS,which seemed to help the vibes a little.

I don't know if these vibes are nothing to worry about and i'm just being picky or not.

I wish someone on the forum lived close by so I could get another opinion and maybe some help.I'm down here in Daytona Beach.

Any ideas or advise is always appreciated.
Thanks,
Daaron

G

·
0 Posts
So if you pull off the rear DS and drive around, there are no vibes???
Just want to make sure, the rear drive train is really the issue is all.

Your axels are well centered?

It is perplexing why some get vibes and some don't...

I do feel very lucky to be at like 6" or so with my RE SF 4.5" SA and have no issues.

Vibes are funny, some of the most persistant ones I read about, end up being tire issues in the end. Mike Holmes from here, told me new tires made a significant difference for him in a number of ways, when we met recently at a Meet -n- Greet here in the Denver area. I know he had some stuburn vibes as well after adding the same kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts