Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the min lift for 33's with NO rubbing. I was thinking 33x12.5 on black Rockcrawler rims over 305/70s on Stock Rubi Rims.

Looking at either 3.5 RE superflex With a 1" BL or 4.5 Super Flex and no Body lift.

I will never go higher than 33's Jeep is my daily fun rig, and my wheeling is moderate. SO not looking to build BIG or Better.

Would prefer no BL, but I have a MORE BL that I really dont want to install, will only if nessacary.

Thanks for any info
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Plain and simple answer, with your choice of wheels, I'd say 3.5" would work with no rubbing. I know 4" will work, that's what I had on my 98 TJ.

G

·
0 Posts
You could also get away with a OME kit, with an OME spacer, and a JKS BL for 1 1/4. My 3.5 nets just under 4 with a winch on the front.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
Did you install the bumpstop extensions as well or just the spacers. I'm running just the spacers for now and would prefer not to put the bumpstop extensions on if i can avoid it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Furrymurry,

You will definitely have to have either bumpstop extensions or a 1" BL or both. I got by with just a few washers under my stock bumpstops with a 1" BL and 285/75Rs (roughly 33/10.5)

Unless your springs are so stiff they will not fully compress (not normally the case), the size of the suspension lift doesn't really affect rubbing at full stuff. Only the position of the bumpstop in relation to the fender.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts