Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running these? Do you like them? How's the strength and scratch resistence?

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Dave, I believe the Classic II's are a low pressure cast alloy just like the stock Moabs, so there really won't be much of a difference in strength or scratch resistance. If you go with a forged alloy rim, like the old Mickey Thompsons, or Welds like I'm using, you will get a significant upgrade in both areas over the Moabs.

Good luck,

Ken

G

·
0 Posts
My wife is running the Classic IIs on her YJ, and even after a blowout at 65 mph, her rim still runs true, and appears similar to when I purchased these in early '00. The lustre is about the same, they aren't faded out like my Eagle 589s are. The lip was gouged on rocks 4 days after buying them, but, that's just minor stuff.

My forged Alcoa's are a little scrached, but they shine like new money. I am very happy with these, my wife is very happy with her Classic IIs...

My T.R. #815 on some rocks...

·
Registered
368 Posts
just got 305/70/16 mounted on 16x8 classic ii's

here are some pixs before the body lifts goes on

Cant say much for the scratch resistance other than there is more tire protecting the rim, but this would be true of any rim. A more favorable backspacing (4 7/16"), light weight and good value sold me on these wheels. A little bling, but i like em.

-ds

·
Administrator
15,127 Posts
dr_shigaloo said:
A little bling, but i like em.

-ds
my buddy had his "bling wheels " black powder coated.
they are awesome flat black.

:wink:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Forget the Bling, get black steel, if you are worried about damage the steel wheels are alot cheaper to replace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts