Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there running Metalcloak’s springs? Looking for input on the highway ride of this kit. My Jeep has an old Rough Country lift when I bought it. Looking to upgrade and replace the aging suspension components and leaning towards their 3.5” rocksport kit.

·
1,440 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I was following your axle post. I’m not the best one to answer your question, but as you’ve already experienced, someone will speak up.

·
904 Posts
The only personal experience I have with metalcloak is their front track bar which is beefy and solid.

From what I've heard and read the metalcloak springs will net more than their advertised lift if you have a mostly stock Jeep. Their springs are designed around their steel armor and fenders.

Their coils are dual rate where the top coils sit in bind and only open when that wheel is at full droop. This gives a longer spring but is useless when driving down the road or trail as you're still just using the unbound section of coil.

I've also read mixed reviews about their six pack shocks but again have no experience with them. Overall I've read good things about the ride quality with the biggest complaint being their advertised lift height vs what was actually given.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
253Rubicon - Where are you located as I have a brand new set of both front and rear Metalcloak lower control arms and front uppers that I recently purchased that I will not be using as I came across an Nth Degree LA lift that I will be installing instead? Let me know where you are at so we can see if we can make a deal on them.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
253Rubicon looks like I’m unable to send you a response to your pm as it indicates that you have chosen not to receive messages.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
253Rubicon - There’s appears to still be an issue with your ability to receive private messages. May have to get one of the mods to look into why you cannot accept pm’s.

·
1,440 Posts
253Rubicon - There’s appears to still be an issue with your ability to receive private messages. May have to get one of the mods to look into why you cannot accept pm’s.
To change the private message option....
Go to “User CP”
Look at the list under “Settings & Options”
Click on “Edit Options”
You will find the private message option...
A1605DC8-0D2F-4A18-A544-8C4AD7B2FB75.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had this Rock Sport kit for over a year now and I'm beyond pleased with the performance both offroad and on road.
On the highway....she performs better than stock in my opinion.
I've got about 20K miles on my kit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys, I should have the PM settings enabled now. Dropped my skid plate this morning to clean up some rust where the T- case drop kit is on the Rough Country lift. I only broke one transmission mount stud. All of the frame nutserts mananged to come out! Getting this thing ready for new lift components. Leaning towards Metalcloak but a local shop I visited recommended the JKS springs. Sounds like they are both dual rate, they told me the last metalcloak lift they installed the owner had to swap the rear springs as it sat nose down. Not sure if I would have that problem, as my Jeep has an ARB winch bumper with a Warn 8000 in the front and a swing gate rear bumper with a spare tire in the back.

·
904 Posts
The jeep naturally has a nose down stance (rake). This is to help compensate for when the rear has passengers or gear loaded in it. The suspension then levels out. Trucks are the same. If you look at a truck the rear will have a little more clearance than the front. this is for when the bed is loaded or a trailer is attached to level out the suspension.

You dont however want a hugh dramatic difference like if you installed 2in springs on the front and 4in springs on the rear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have an 06 LJ. Just removed the old 3.5" RE LA springs, arms and swapped in Metalcloaks set up. Jeep is definitely softer on road and logging roads. IT may feel squishier as now the rear end is not bouncing all over.
Front bumper has Warn 9.5 ti, rear has swing tire and jerry can wet up when needed. Jeep sits about 3/8" lower than before but a much smoother ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts