Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Now that the skid is installed I have a problem with the exhaust from the transfer case back to the rear of the Jeep. It seems that once the Tcase was lifted the little rubber hangers for the exhaust got all twisted up. As a result my mufflker and tailpipe are shoved quit a bit over to the drivers side and are rubbing on my hitch making a noise something awful! Are all of you other Medic skid users seeing the same thing??? Aside from cutting the pipe hangers shorter and welding them or shortening my tailpipe by 6 inches is there anything else I can do? Aside from the noise I have noticed a dent in the tailpipe from the bolts used to hold the hitch up. I guess when I bump along the rocks the bolt is really digging into the pipe. Let me know what you come up with.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I wish I could help ya but I was fortunate and had zero problems ... Let us know what ya did to fix it tho for future use..
Thanx and Good Luck: Chaz

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no body out there that has the little black bungee looking big rubberband exhaust hook linking things out of line??? I find it hard to believe that this only happened to my Rubi but I guess its possible!?!?! Especially check the one aft of the rear DS.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
digdugtj said:
There is no body out there that has the little black bungee looking big rubberband exhaust hook linking things out of line??? I find it hard to believe that this only happened to my Rubi but I guess its possible!?!?! Especially check the one aft of the rear DS.
Can you post some pix of this....The reason you may not have any answers is due to the fact that most people don't have a hitch..Post some pix and we can get a good look to come up with an answer..Hopefully.. :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will see what I can do!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
digdugtj said:
I will see what I can do!
I know there are a ton of guys that can help with this on here. Just need to see the whole picture of the problem.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
I have the same problem. Both of the rubber hangers are horizontal instead of vertical. It is right next to the gas skid and rubbing on the shock. I am going in this week to have a new cat back system installed and have them route the pipe a little different.

Brian

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK all I loaded up a few HUGE pictures to my old bands website just scroll down. http://www.angelfire.com/band/almostole ... /doug.html No laughing at my lame behind the kit pic. The huge pics should show all the littlle details. I know I can recenter the black rubber things to not be on an angle and stressed but the problem is it will still be too far to the drivers side. How can I move the exhaust over to the passenger side rather than the hangers more toward the drivers???? ANy help will be greatly appreciated. I really dont have the cash for a new cat back. Is it possible for a muffler shop to bend it out a bit???

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
digdugtj said:
OK all I loaded up a few HUGE pictures to my old bands website just scroll down. http://www.angelfire.com/band/almostole ... /doug.html No laughing at my lame behind the kit pic. The huge pics should show all the littlle details. I know I can recenter the black rubber things to not be on an angle and stressed but the problem is it will still be too far to the drivers side. How can I move the exhaust over to the passenger side rather than the hangers more toward the drivers???? ANy help will be greatly appreciated. I really dont have the cash for a new cat back. Is it possible for a muffler shop to bend it out a bit???
You do not need a catback system to fix this problem. I have other issues which are causing me to have the pipe rerouted, and I might as well get a
better sounding muffler while I am at it.
Any good shop should be able to cut and reroute the brackets will little trouble.

Make sure you flex the whole rear end to see if the exhaust is hitting or close to hitting in other areas, like your shock.

For reference, in your first pic, mine is similar but the rubber mount is completely sideways. No angle at all.

Good luck on getting it repaired.

Brian

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I would just take it to the local muffler shop and get them to shift everything a bit. Won't be much work or $$. I have to take a closer look at mine now that is wierd how it moved to the side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts