Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Medic will be very happy to know that I have finally installed my skid...it has only been since out Paragon trip in April. I must say I have read many post about Medic skid installed on other Rubi's and let me say...DAMN this is on fine piece of work. Thank you Medic for you initiative and dedication to make the Rubi a better vehicle with you products. First a kick ass bumper and now this..Thanks Jerry....

Sean

·
Registered
384 Posts
All's I got to say "it's about time" Jerry

·
Registered
556 Posts
Cant wait to get mine strapped up there!!!

G

·
0 Posts
I have been seriously considering one of these myself, but I am waiting for someone to let me know how well this connects up to a skid row engine skid, which connects via 3 bolts to the OEM shovel. Has anyone done this yet??

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Instaurare said:
I have been seriously considering one of these myself, but I am waiting for someone to let me know how well this connects up to a skid row engine skid, which connects via 3 bolts to the OEM shovel. Has anyone done this yet??
It will bolt up fine...You will just have to drill your own holes for the mounting points....I believe Medic has the measurements to put the holes on the plate before delievery...Check with Medic but this skid will work for your needs...and it is SWEET. :D

G

·
0 Posts
I am still a bit confused. The OEM skid lines up perfectly with the skid row. Now, medic's lifted skid must be higher, so my question is how does it directly bolt on, does the skid row angle up to join it? Help me understand this. Is the transfer case also raised, or only the T/C skid?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Instaurare said:
I am still a bit confused. The OEM skid lines up perfectly with the skid row. Now, medic's lifted skid must be higher, so my question is how does it directly bolt on, does the skid row angle up to join it? Help me understand this. Is the transfer case also raised, or only the T/C skid?
+

The Transfercase, Tranny and skid are raised. You also have to do a min 1" bL and MML. The skidrow will go up on an angle to meet the new Skid. You could always modify the Skidrow so that it will be flush.

G

·
0 Posts
I already have the one inch MML and the 1.25 BL----I won't need a new D/S for the Rubi, or adjustable control arms, or anything else??

G

·
0 Posts
From what Medic has said, you will more than likely need to get a CV shaft to make this work without vibes. But...since the T-case and trans are going to be raised too, you should put these in their final home before taking your measurements for the shaft as the length will change. This seems to translate into your Jeep being down for a bit, but in the end you'll have a kick-ass skid and protection not to be believed. I can't wait until I've the cash to do this!! If anybody else knows anything else or if I said something that is off, please jump in as I am still in the planning stages for this skid myself.

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks for sharing the info..........like you, I am in the planning stages, but waiting until others with more cojones than I have to sort things out first and provide a roadmap of how to do this right the first time around.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Instaurare said:
Thanks for sharing the info..........like you, I am in the planning stages, but waiting until others with more cojones than I have to sort things out first and provide a roadmap of how to do this right the first time around.
What are you running for a lift.....That is the first thing I need to know.

If you are running a 2" BB and 1" or greater MML and BL then you can easily put on a medic skid with very little chance of vibes. If there are any you may feel them at take off but it would be smooth sailing after that. Medic is talking about a DS as he is going to a RE 3.5 or 4.5 lift like myself and then a DS will be needed because when you lift the skid with a 4.5" lift it is equivelant to a 6" lift.

I can give you a fairly good description of my JP if you like and what I have done with Pix. I am not saying that I am the perfect set up (that is Jerry C IMO ;) ) but my JP is set up well from suspension to bumpers. If I can help you in anyway just ask.

Cheers.

G

·
0 Posts
Thank you for the offer of help---I am glad to take any advice you are able to offer. I am running a JKS 1.25 BL, a one inch MML, OME heavy duty springs and shocks, and 33" MT/Rs. I would be very interested to see what you have done with your jeep, since I want to get this right the first time around. And I know that I have a lot to learn.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
john864 said:
Where can I get more info on buying a Medic Skid?

Thanks
send Medic3720
a pm would be the way..
:wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Any reports yet from anyone who has connected one of Medic's onto a skid row engine skid?

G

·
0 Posts
UPS just delivered the Medic skid. Had to help him carry it from the truck to my garage - 90 pounds. This thing is awsome !!!! I was going to install it right away, but a buddy who also has an automatic Rubicon wants to help (watch?) me install it.

So I'll do the install when he can be here. I'll post opinions, etc when complete.

Cal

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You will love this Skid Cal....The drivetrain feels so much tighter and smooth.

G

·
0 Posts
Sure hope so. :D

Now if we could just do something about that tranny pan. :!:

Cal

1 - 20 of 35 Posts