Rubicon Owners Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You nailed him.
He retires at the end of the year. My entire team is very thankful for that.

Ive spotted people like that FJ driver.
One time at Paragon, this guy with a hard top had the passenger window very close to a cut tree branch and had his front tires exactly how he needed them but could easily slide if he turned. I stopped him and said whatever you do don’t turn your wheel or you will fall off this rock into the branch. Gimme a sec to walk up to the next rock and I’ll get you out this with no damage
Ok Ok got it
I turned around, took 3 steps and heard a loud shattering sound.
Sigh

Due to the fact that we get lots of rain on the east coast, I converted the MCAI to an EHAI. I may not get quite as good mileage or cold air, but I feel its a better solution for the environment where I regularly operate my jeep.

I recharged the filter after cleaning it and took it for a drive later in the day. Felt really good.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
a couple more pictures and description of my area. My favorite hardware store flooded, but they are cleaning up and should be open soon.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,269 Posts
I rsn the MCAI on both my LJs with no issue, just with the TJ for some reason...

·
Registered
676 Posts
I ran the MCAI on my 2004 Rubi (RIP) and had it almost stall as I was driving to Moab right after the turn off of I70. It was a very heavy rain and the engine just had no power and was coughing. Being near Moab, the rain only lasted a minute or two and then all was good. I figured that the drain for cowl just could not handle the flow. I also had the same thing happen in autmatic touchless car washes. So when I went to the car wash, I would shut down the engine until it was over. The drain in the cowl is not meant to handle a large flow. Combine that with the flow off the windshield going straight into the opening (I ran without the upper filter) and it would just fill fast. I also ran without the scoop after the Moab event.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I think someone was looking for the small K&N filter, part # RU-3780.

Also instructions.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks. I downloaded the instructions.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts