Rubicon Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Premium Member
Nice Red Gladiator!!!!!
I had a 21 Red JL on order and then switched to a 22 Granite which wasn't available in 21 so now I wait a little longer.

Good to see you back on the board Don!

Reactions: johncanfield

Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
Back from the grave.
Very Nice. LOLOL

We seem to be having a resurgence of the old Timers. Is it time to officially start a Summer 2022 Moab Trip thread?

That Gladiator looks great with a 2" lift and 35s. I think that's where i will end up going with mine eventually.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Back from the grave.
Very Nice. LOLOL

We seem to be having a resurgence of the old Timers. Is it time to officially start a Summer 2022 Moab Trip thread?

That Gladiator looks great with a 2" lift and 35s. I think that's where i will end up going with mine eventually.
Definitely be interested in a Moab trip this year!

I am very happy with the lift and tires. Eventually may go 3.5鈥 with 37s but didn鈥檛 want to regear or do any other work in the first few years so this is working out perfectly for the wheeling I have been doing.

Ended up getting an RLD canopy for it to maximize lockable/dry storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
After installing the RLD, I wanted a way to have some modular storage options that I can mix and match as needed for camping or wheeling. Installed the Molle in the bed and found the Milwaukee pack out fits perfectly in the bed. I will just be using straps to secure them but have seen some install the mounting plates in the bed.

The RLD has 3x channels in the ceiling so I am going to move the maxtraxx the the ceiling and have a net coming for the front half of the cab, that will hang from the ceiling that I can put lighter items like sleeping bags, etc..

Finally thinking through a clever solution for OBA setup where I have the compressor in the bed. Trying to finish that by spring.

Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
That's good to know on the Milwaukee stuff. I've looked into those containers since they are solid.
Their tools kick butt as well

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That's good to know on the Milwaukee stuff. I've looked into those containers since they are solid.
Their tools kick butt as well
I had wanted some for a while and finally pulled the trigger since they fit like they are made to go there. I recently bought their 3/8 lithium wrench and it is awesome. Ended up upgrading my drill too!

Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
is that an impact wrench?
I need a better drill and a cordless impact wrench with some strength.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I got a 1/4鈥 M18 impact but haven鈥檛 used it yet. It came in a set with the drill I bought. I have heard great things about their larger size impacts though. The 3/8鈥 m18 wrench I bought is just the driver but I absolutely love it and use it all the time. Makes taking the top off and other things so much quicker. One of those tools I waited to buy and now that I have it, wish I had bought it a long time ago.

Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
For me, It needs to break away a properly torqued Lug nut. Then I know it will be strong enough for the rest of the stuff, and I always carry a torque wrench with me on the trails.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
For me, It needs to break away a properly torqued Lug nut. Then I know it will be strong enough for the rest of the stuff, and I always carry a torque wrench with me on the trails.
Yeah, I plan on getting the M18 3/8 or 1/2 for that purpose but no real world reviews, just what I read researching.

Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
Dewalt seems to be the standard for that, which is why I was asking about the Milwaukee one.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Dewalt seems to be the standard for that, which is why I was asking about the Milwaukee one.
Got it. At this point I wouldn鈥檛 want to add different batteries and chargers. I鈥檒l have to buy the Milwaukee one for research sake and report back!

Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
I will patiently await your review.
:D

Administrator
I'm a Milwaukee fan-boy. I have the M18 brushless drill, brushed M18 impact driver, the heavy M18 1/2" impact gun, M12 caulk gun and maybe some others I forgot about. (Oh, the M18 chain saw - not crazy about that one.)

If you watch the YouTube channel Project Farm, he reviews all kinds of things - oil, impact guns, hand tools, powered tools, accessories, etc. Almost anything from Milwaukee is always in the top 3 for that product of those tested.

Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
Cool,

Our local Ace Hardware store has just about everything Milwaukee related, so I could snag all of this stuff easily

21 - 40 of 48 Posts