Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my driveway today and put my foot on the front bumper....I hear this clank sound as the suspension goes down from my weight....What's up with that so I crawl under neath and both of my discos are way loose. I don't know what happened as I used a lock washer and zipped them on with my air gun when I installed them this spring. Anyway I will be checking on them at regular times now.....FYI.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Vulcan said:
I was in my driveway today and put my foot on the front bumper....I hear this clank sound as the suspension goes down from my weight....What's up with that so I crawl under neath and both of my discos are way loose. I don't know what happened as I used a lock washer and zipped them on with my air gun when I installed them this spring. Anyway I will be checking on them at regular times now.....FYI.
what brand of disco`s?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tera

·
Registered
135 Posts
Funny you should mention. I installed my RE discos along with my lift, used an airgun - nice and tight. After a few wheeling trips checked them and found them quite loose - tightened the crap out of them. On a long road trip pulled over and found the whole lower assembly on the driver's side GONE. The extention tube was just sitting there not attached. I ended up replacing with JKS (way better) but the moral of the story is USE LOCKTITE and CHECK OFTEN. :) Good on ya for checking and catching it before your parts went missing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts