Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep my Rubi engine area clean and cant stand all the dust .

question is.....

whats a good replacement light for under the hood.
mine keeps burning out when cold water hits it.
ive had it.
ideas?????

·
Registered
316 Posts
I always keep mine unpluged unless I need it mostly so it's not on for hours when the hood is open. Or you could just unplug it a few minutes before getting it wet, the water shouldn't hurt the bulb unless the bulb is hot. Just a thought...

Brad

·
Registered
454 Posts
LEDs man. 100s of LEDs. You could place them all over the engine bay like a string of Christmas lights. Functional and beautiful.

If you really wanted to get fancy, you could set up an LED right next to each injector and have it triggered everytime the cylinder fires. And if that isn't enough, you could have a string of LEDs surrounding something under the hood that are flashing Marquis style. That would be perfect for Jerry, he could light up his AIROCK module like it deserves to be.

:poke:

:eek:nfire:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Look under the hood of 88-late 90's full size GM trucks, Tahoes, Suburbans. Very nice light, even has a built in extension cord to get it where you need it. Couple bucks at most any wrecking yard. Mount one in the back to so can see inside to find that wheel lock key in the dark, or can stretch it under the Jeep, forbid you are doing axle work in the dark, but never know.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look under the hood of 88-late 90's full size GM trucks, Tahoes, Suburbans. Very nice light, even has a built in extension cord to get it where you need it. Couple bucks at most any wrecking yard. Mount one in the back to so can see inside to find that wheel lock key in the dark, or can stretch it under the Jeep, forbid you are doing axle work in the dark, but never know.
thanks....Eddie
that reminded me my XJ had such a light...with a 20'cord and it was water
resistant. im gonna check some junk yards...show my kids how
"we used to get parts"

:wink:

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
triver525 said:
LEDs man. 100s of LEDs. You could place them all over the engine bay like a string of Christmas lights. Functional and beautiful.

If you really wanted to get fancy, you could set up an LED right next to each injector and have it triggered everytime the cylinder fires. And if that isn't enough, you could have a string of LEDs surrounding something under the hood that are flashing Marquis style. That would be perfect for Jerry, he could light up his AIROCK module like it deserves to be.

:poke:

:eek:nfire:
:boobies: little to flashy for me....
i like lower level lighting...
sounds dumb from a guy living in Vegas!
:wink:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I just thought of another idea, you could have RUBICON written out across the inside of the hood. Kinda like a great big Lite Brite.

Hahha, the fun you can have with LEDs.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
triver525 said:
I just thought of another idea, you could have RUBICON written out across the inside of the hood. Kinda like a great big Lite Brite.

Hahha, the fun you can have with LEDs.
i hope j cappa dont read your ideas......
:lolbonk:

·
Registered
454 Posts
That leads me to yet another idea. You could have Calvin pissing on the JP symbol. :)

G

·
0 Posts
Look under the hood of 88-late 90's full size GM trucks, Tahoes, Suburbans.
I don't know why they discontinued this. I loved the usefulness of this light on three previous Chevys I owned, but my '97 Yukon doesn't have this and I am assuming it is no longer an option. What a great idea that was to have light under the hood with a magnet on the bottom and a long wire. You could stick that thing to any metal surface at the front of the truck and then just wind it back in (like a winch cable) when you were done. It even had a switch to turn it on or off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts