Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice/recommendations on a few things... Any help would be appreciated :twisted:

1) Diff Covers or Sliders

2)Roll Cages( Toys By Troy, Poison Spider)

3)Extra Rocker Protection

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
canadianrubi said:
Looking for advice/recommendations on a few things... Any help would be appreciated :twisted:

I can help you with the dif skid....I have skids by rockit skids..they are great....total protection not just the front..i got both mine off of ebay...they are kinda expensive if you buy them new..so i suggest you have them made or buy off of ebay.
Pete

·
Registered
467 Posts
canadianrubi said:

1) I have a Poison Spyder on the front and am switching to a Crane (http://www.highclearance.com) because of clearance issues with the track bar (I only have 3" of suspension lift). Cranes are virutally indestructable and Chris Crane is a very cool guy.

2) Couldn't tell you, don't have one. The T by T and the Rock Hard cages look nice though.

3) Gotta go with the Poison Spyder rockers I have. "Heavy duty" is an understatement. PERSONALLY, I would only get them with the tube slider, makes a great pivot point, rock spacer and step into the Jeep.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I can't wait for that Nth degree glider.

Poison spider rock rings are definatel ythe best I've seen. Not sure on a cage, but I hear the TT one is the best bolt in. For rockers with steps I really like my Jeeperman skidz. They bolt right onto the fram with no drilling and are just enough step to be useful and plenty of extra rocker protection for them pesky trees.

·
Registered
92 Posts
New add-ons

I'm facing the same issues. I believe I'm going to go with the Warn diff. skids, pretty simple and cheaper, besides the covers lip doesn't protrude past the diff housing anyway. I defintely like the Rockhard 4x4 roll cage. Kinda of expensive but I like the way everything ties in.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Here's what I have:

Warn diff guards

TBT cage

Jeeperman Rockskidz

I think these 3 all represent good value for the price. I can attest to the strength of the Jeeperman skidz. Put the Rubi down hard on the passenger side skid yesterday. It didn't budge.

Jerry

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help. Just getting a little info before we decide to order anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts