Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,191 Posts
Welcome to ROF. I knew a mechanic that owned a TJ with 240K. He said he never changed his oil. I’m sure never didn’t actually mean never. He was making a point about the 4.0 lasting.

·
2,191 Posts
I copied and pasted the link and could not get to the actual vehicle, only a listing of Cargurus sites.

·
2,191 Posts
If it were me, I’d need to be okay with major engine and transmission work within 5 years. Any frame or body rust would be a deal breaker. I’m 65. I look at those things differently now.

·
2,191 Posts
I noticed it has diamond plate rear quarter panels. Are they covering rust or damage?
I also noticed there’s no rear bumper. Something looks like it’s hanging down in the left rear.

·
2,191 Posts
I have no feelings to be hurt. Coca-Cola stomped all mine. Most of the guys at my place were under 35. My mind is stuck there, although I do have a shoulder about 90. I used to tell everyone I gauged my age by how much footage of fence I can get over. I bet I can still do an 8 footer.

·
2,191 Posts
I’ll add to mine. It sounds crazy, but if we loved you, we would stomp on your feelings. People needing peer discipline or were out of line got ignored. Sometimes we pushed a friend too far and we’d apologize and make it right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts