Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one for ya and I'll need a little bit of feedback on this one.

Went to the dealer and got our second jeep (not a rubi) and during the paper signing I noticed that the window sticker had the both tops charge on it. Okay so the dealer says " we'll subtract it from the pourchase price " I say okay. After signing the papers I noticed on the sold as-is nothing else included they forgot to put in that they was subtracting the hard top price of 1,500.00.
So here comes my question for all of you.

1. Should I go ahead and call DC and have them give me a top?
2. Be nice to the dealer and forget about it?
3. Ask the dealer about the paper work to see if they really took the top off the price?

I know i'ts weird but any help LOL would be greatfull.

Mo

·
Registered
478 Posts
The dealer got a free hard top, this happens all the time. They steal parts from one unit to put on anotther, usually to pacify an irate customer. A friend of mine bought a jeep cherokee at a dealer and brought it to my place to show me his "great" deal. I asked to see the window sticker, he didn't know what that was but gave me all his paper work. I found his window sticker, then I asked him where were his aluminum wheels and his AM/FM CD cassette deck were? Always demand to see the window sticker, it has a nearly complete list of all the factory installed options. I would have taken the hardtop, it's worth way more than $1500.00!!

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Yep..between u and dealer...here is how i understand your question and what i think:

1. If he charged u for the top accidently..and you want a top I would get it.

2. If he charged u for the top and u dont want it u need to go get that fixed (duh huh..lol)

3. If he didnt charge u for the top, but it says he did on the paperwork...that is an delimma......just remember u may need that dealer in the future for possible warenty issues

IMHO
Pete M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts