Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has NEone here moved the lockers compressor to their engine bay? With all the mub I go threw I don't really like the stock location so I would like to move them someplace safer, I'm hoping that some that has done this could give me some insight as to what was invloved b4 I jump into this project blindly :lol:

thanx ...B

·
Registered
586 Posts
do a search for the topic,
I read somewhere tht people move them to the tray under the hood where the ABS would go. lol

Roger

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have just relocated mine for the LA install. I only moved them to the bottom of the tub though....BUT....I'm not convinced you have anything to worry about. They seem completely encased and they only receive / send air through tubing. The wiring is sealed and even the connections were in good shape when I took them apart (I've been through deep water / mud a few times.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I don't know how he did it but hornydevil broke the compressor for the front locker. he glued it back together and it still works.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ned said:
I'm not convinced you have anything to worry about. They seem completely encased and they only receive / send air through tubing. The wiring is sealed and even the connections were in good shape when I took them apart (I've been through deep water / mud a few times.
The big thing that worries me about the placement doesn't have anything todo with seals or anything, I more worried about backing through deep mud or other obsticals and having a unseen piece of trail debris (Sticks, rocks, Quad skidplates, etc.) rip a hose or wire wire off, a couple of weeks back I was doing just that and thought I ripped a hose off due to a large hissing that was coming from the rear of my jeep, well it turned out that I just ripped my exaust pipe off ( on someones hidden Quad skidplate in the hole ) and the hissing noise was exaust escaping under the mud (chance for upgrade to a Flowmaster :D ) .

I have found another thread on Jeepsunlimited that has some good info if anyone else was interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts