Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an update on the little airline nipple on TJ Rubicon rears that engages the lockers. While doing a search about repairing mine I found the part that used to be around $50 a few years back is now about $110 AND out of stock from Mopar.
In doing my search I've decided to replace it with a piece of 3\16 brake line. The repair can be found with a quick search.
Good luck to all

·
1,576 Posts
There are a few places to land regarding the search you suggested. Are you talking about tubing with a fitting soldered to it? If so, I would be concerned about leakage from vibration and stress. Finally, I didn’t see enough info on the other searches to make me want to do this repair myself. It would be helpful if you did a fresh write up on this forum so people could comment or ask more in depth questions. We have a great area on here showcasing install threads.

·
1,576 Posts
I’ve had good experience with JB Weld on a radiator fitting. The aluminum radiator failed before my JB Weld did. It looks as if you may have had pictures on your write up at one time.

What year is your Jeep? My fittings are original 2004s and in great shape. Are you in a salty road state?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The link I shared was what I found with a google search.

I have an 04 with 100,000 on the clock. I’m in New Jersey but the Jeep came out of Maryland.
My rear locker was flashing, checked the hose and it was split and the end and had fallen off. I cut the hose back to a good spot and when I went to put it back on the little elbow just snapped off.
It’s ridiculous that it’s a $5 fitting but a dealer only part so they charge $110 for it IF they even have it.

·
Administrator
10,915 Posts
You guys up north have a huge issue thanks to winter and salting (or whatever) the roads. I've seen some very ugly rusty chassis pictures.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I am currently going through this myself. I have them on backorder through my local dealer for 55 a piece. I'm their ups guy so I'm hoping to get some kind of discount. That brine/calcium chloride cocktail is the worst. You can practically watch your car rust right before your eyes

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I know its a totally absurd price. Post up how you made out

Reactions: johncanfield
1 - 11 of 11 Posts