Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know load E tire can carry more weight than load C, by having stiffer sidewall construction. I asked BF Goodrich and Bridgestone if the tire E will be more cut resistant than a load C, and their answer was same : has nothing to do with cut resistance, just can handle more weight. I talked to Interco, and they said that a load C will cut easier than E. who's right? I mean Bridgestone and BF Goodrich are not new to tires, but Interco seems to make more sense. if the tire has stiffer sidewalls to carry more weight, than it should have stronger sidewalls and more cut resistance. or else why would DC equip those MTR tires ( 12000 pounds capacity ) on a Rubi if the Rubi weighs a little less than 4000 pounds. In comparison, a Sahara comes with Load B ( I know those GSA are more street tires ) . All those 31", 32", and 33" on 15 diameter are load C, and many people use them in serious Off Road. Any feedback? I forgot to mention that the person at BFG said their tires have a three ply sidewall construction for added protection, and that's regardless of load rating wether it's C, D, or E.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
i went with 16'' size MTR`s load "D"
i also could not get an answer so.....
between "e" and "c" ..."D' must be ok..
the ride is better on a "D" ...then stock.
:roll:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
It would only make sense that an "E" rated tire would be a little more resistant to cuts then a "B". There has to me more material to make them stiffer right?.

Tire sience is wierd to me but they seem to know what they are doing. I know that the BFG side wall is not all it is cracked up to be. I have a buddy that has torn 2 BFG KM sidewalls in as many months. He does not drive like and ass either. The most recent one was in Paragon. He was just crawling over a rock and the tire sliped off and that was it. He is not that happy with the side walls on BFG.

I have ran MTR and they are a really good sidewall. I have not heard of one tearing "YET"

As for listening to Interco I would have to say that they will be a little more knowledgeable on this topic seeing as they are specializing in off-road tire. I know that the other companies have been around alot longer but they are out to sell there tires so there infor maybe twisted a bit.

JMO.

Sean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts