Rubicon Owners Forum banner

LJ project. Wrap, decals, other?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Elwarpo 
#1 ·
Looking for options for LJ project. Maybe a carbon fiber wrap of the hood, patriotic decals on the sides?

Thoughts, suggestions, sources?

Thx!
Vince

Reactions: mac
#5 ·
I wrapped my LJ project with some 3M Ghost Flip Pearl. Then it will have bronze, orange and yellow accents, kind of a 70s kick back.

Its not all that hard to do on a jeep. Hardest part was the cowl, door openings, and the AEV hood I am using. Other than that, easy peasy.

#6 ·
How does the wrap material hold up to the scrapes of rocks and brush on the trail?

#7 ·
Not sure yet, the jeep is still on jack stands. I did just put the wrap over the aluminum corner armor. So if it gets terribly bad, Ill just pull the armor and re do the panel.

I am sure some of the colors will change a bit, was experimenting with different looks. Some pics for fun below.
Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design
Motor vehicle Mode of transport Vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Product Machine Engineering Industry Factory

The rear fenders you can see some of the issues I had pulling the material over the corner and making it lay flat. Now that I have done it, I would do it the second time a bit different. Basically I found as I went thorough the project that I can pull, heat and stretch the material more than I thought I could initially.

In the middle of moving, so my project is on hold as the new garage/shop gets put together.

#8 ·
Not sure yet, the jeep is still on jack stands. I did just put the wrap over the aluminum corner armor. So if it gets terribly bad, Ill just pull the armor and re do the panel.

I am sure some of the colors will change a bit, was experimenting with different looks. Some pics for fun below. View attachment 75426 View attachment 75427 View attachment 75428

The rear fenders you can see some of the issues I had pulling the material over the corner and making it lay flat. Now that I have done it, I would do it the second time a bit different. Basically I found as I went thorough the project that I can pull, heat and stretch the material more than I thought I could initially.

In the middle of moving, so my project is on hold as the new garage/shop gets put together.
View attachment 75428 View attachment 75427 View attachment 75426

Nice rig. The roll cage looks solid.

#10 ·
I think get a wrap with pin striping, dents and scratches with a bit of rust thrown in. It will look like my LJs then LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.