Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried doing a search and couldnt come up with an answer to this problem.
So one night i flipped on my lights and had a left green arrow lit that stayed on and eventually started beeping. Now i know that this was the jeep indicating that i had a bliker left on eventhough the lever was in the middle posistion. I got out and checked my lights. I had no front facing indicators or side indicators. My tail lights were normal and my brake lights worked. The next day i began going through the lights in the front i cleaned all the sockets with electrical cleaner and a mini file and replaced all the bulbs. I found that my right front side marker had corroded to the point of the metal contact falling out. Okay so i ordered the new socket. I have not installed it yet as im still waiting on it to arrive. After cleaning and replacing all bulbs i have both left front blinkers working and my rear right run stop turn working. I do not have either right front lights working or my left tail blinker working. I do have stop and run on my left tail. The indicator on my dash is fine now.
On a side note i suspect that my tail light may not be related as they are the 4 inch led truck lite circles and there are multiple leds burnt out. I am going to replace both rears and go from there but my main concern is the front. Does any know if that once i replace the faulty socket then they should work fine again?
As for the tail lights im going to test them before replacing but i suspect that the leds are burnt out to the point where they just dont work. Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I don't see what year yor rigs is.
Could it be a combination of things including :)dhorse: ) the multi function switch?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2005 Rubicon. Sorry i forgot to add that i do not believe its the multi function switch because i have blinkers in the front left and the right rear.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
The reason I mention it is becasue I have had several wierd electrical issues and about 75% of the time it was the MFS. I had to remove and clean it a couple of times and replace it once.
Bad grounds will also give you fits and well as the corroded sockets.
Good luck!:p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the sockets have been cleaned and i will check the grounds. I love my jeep to death but i hate some of the common issues

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Sockets schmockets. :)
I think Stinger is taking about the internals of the MFS. I had to take mine apart twice before I had it cleaned up enough to get my fog lights to come on correctly.

It's not all that complicated to disassemble. Just take your time and snap pics with your phone as u go for reference.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Sockets schmockets. :)
I think Stinger is taking about the internals of the MFS. I had to take mine apart twice before I had it cleaned up enough to get my fog lights to come on correctly.

It's not all that complicated to disassemble. Just take your time and snap pics with your phone as u go for reference.

Correct

·
Banned
1 Posts
Of course, there are such securing cables, but by me, it is not right to do something that is related to the electricity by yourself. This is not a joke and a simple mistake can lead to a fatal end, so it is not worth risking.

·
3,602 Posts
Last two entries were from the same person who created two accounts from the same IP address...bad, bad, bad.

·
Administrator
11,161 Posts
Thanks Don for nuking the spammers. Mark - on the old forum software (vBulletin) I set up a question-answer challenge for new signups, it worked fairly well. Can't do that here, I have no access to the nuts and bolts of XenForo. Several months ago I asked support if they would implement some kind of challenge for new signups - nope 💩 .

·
Registered
05 Rubicon Sahara
2,614 Posts
Thanks Don for nuking the spammers. Mark - on the old forum software (vBulletin) I set up a question-answer challenge for new signups, it worked fairly well. Can't do that here, I have no access to the nuts and bolts of XenForo. Several months ago I asked support if they would implement some kind of challenge for new signups - nope 💩 .
Yep, the people who are supposed to give support are not interested in the desires of the user it seems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts