Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a little more clearance, over obstacles, with minimum expense and simple installation.
What, if any, benefit would I get from the TeraFlex 1.5-2" Budget Boost?
Forgive me, if this is a stupid question. Obviously, I am a novice regarding lifts.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Not stupid at all, the price is right and install isn't bad and it would give you the room for some bigger tires.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
canadianrubi,
Thanks.
It sounds as if I'm on the right track for my goal.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I ran this lift before the BDS and it worked well, depending on what size tires you want to run you may want to price a BL and bump stop extensions. Good Luck :D

Adam

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
canadianrubi said:
I ran this lift before the BDS and it worked well, depending on what size tires you want to run you may want to price a BL and bump stop extensions. Good Luck :D

Adam
I'm thinking 33" tires max at some point.
Any thoughts on the Rubicon Express Budget Boost?
http://www.rubiconexpress.com

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have no personal experience with the RE BB, but from what i've heard, it's the tits! :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RubiTJ said:
I have no personal experience with the RE BB, but from what i've heard, it's the tits! :D
Thanks for the info.
I'm leaning toward the 2" RE Budget Boost and the 1" MORE body lift, unless someone advises me otherwise.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Oh it's the Tits :lol: I ran the RE and loved the Doestech shocks, you should have no problem running 33's with that combo but I would advise extending your bump stops so you don't kill your springs.

Adam

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
canadianrubi said:
Oh it's the Tits :lol: I ran the RE and loved the Doestech shocks, you should have no problem running 33's with that combo but I would advise extending your bump stops so you don't kill your springs.

Adam
The RE Budget Boost kit includes 2" rear bump stops. Would that be enough?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Should be ok for the rear, might want to look into something for the front. When I was running the BB I still had 31's so I didn't run into any issues. There were some posts on this a little while ago, but I think the conclusion was that the bump stops need to be extended front and rear to keep the springs happy. Don't forget pics when it's done! :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Extending the bump-stops prevents premature wear on your springs, but they will still last 2-3 years and stock replacements are cheap.
If you had paid $$$ for lift springs and then were in danger of sagging them I would say to make sure to use the bump-stops. As it is I would say only use the minimum you need to keep the tires off the fenders and if the springs sag get another set off somebody who is putting a full lift on.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mud Puppy,
Thanks very much to you and the others for the help.
:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts